Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 02:37 PM

Default river fold? 8/16 live

Two limpers. SB folds. I have 6sTs in the BB and get a free look.

Flop: 6c 4c Qd
I check EP bets, LP folds, I check raise. He calls.
EP reads hands well but plays too loose. He is probably a winner because he get more bets in when he is ahead than when he is behind.

Turn: Qh
I bet, he calls.

River: 5h
I check, he bets, I don't know why he would bluff here when he knows I'm going to call, so I fold.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:47 PM

Default Re: river fold? 8/16 live

Seems to me like you can be looking at a busted flush draw here somewhat frequently, I think you should c/c.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:02 PM

Personally, I'd just fold the flop. Not enough money in the pot to get involved with such a marginal holding.

Even against a flush draw like Kc 9c, on the flop you're a slight underdog to win the hand.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:27 PM

Is EP the type to limp-in or raise PF with 77, 88, 99? If EP is lag and has a Q, you probably would have been raised on the turn or at least 3-bet on the flop. Unless you are familiar enough with EP's play to narrow his range, you may be good and should call the river now that you are here.

Like what the doantster said, without the background on EP's play I would fold on the flop.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:04 PM

I think I would just fold the flop as well - I'd like some sort of back-door draw here (at least an overcard with the 6) before firing too many chips at this small pot.

On the river, I think you should bet/fold or check-call. The problem is that after you check the river, it's easy for him to put you on something like a busted flush draw, and he may think that his 45/56 type of hand is actually good (and you may call with A high), or he may be bluffing a non-A high busted draw, thinking that maybe you were on a higher club draw and he can buy the pot now.

I'd probably bet/fold the river against most good players in this game, because I tend to get a little too much respect (so I might actually get a hand like 88 to fold), but I dunno if your image is as tight as mine.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:09 PM

my tight image disappeared last night when I check-raised sk with bottom pair backdoor flush draw. Turned another 4.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:19 PM

Folding on the flop 3-handed looks too careful to me.I know it's a small pot,but I don't mind picking up small pots.I would bet out instead of folding or check-raising.This seems like a reasonable middle road on this modest hand.

When you checked the river,you announced to him that you do not have a Q.The previous action makes it look unlikely that he has a Q either.I think you have to call.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:17 AM

I play it the exact way except I bet/fold the river. You have to value bet this river if he had a Q you would of found out on the turn or he'll pop you on the river. I think the only hand you have to worry about is a 6 w/ better kicker and he'll be for value anyways so just lead out and fold if he raises
Old 12-20-2006, 02:11 AM

i think c/c is better than b/f too... u dont want to invite ppl to bluff raise agaisnt u...

if he's not folding 88/77 against u on the turn, he's not folding it on the river...
Old 12-22-2006, 10:30 AM

I'd rather bet the flop than checkraise, but once you got to the river the way you did, I think you have to call. You beat many 6s and almost all flush draws. The river was a blank, so your check clearly indicates weakness.