Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: BRAG set up 10k DOTA MATCH vs KUROSH

If you've just read this thread and you are lost here's a light explanation of what he's talking about.

DOTA = Defenders of the Ancients
WC3 = WarCraft 3
mod = custom game

This is a real time strategy game. Object of the game is to destroy the enemy base. 2 teams, teams consist of 1-5 players on each side. There are over 80 heroes to choose from where you build your characters over time through leveling and buying items. Players raise money by killing 'creeps' that spawn on the map. The game has been around for 5+ years now and one can say is much like poker. EZ to learn, a life time to master. No joke. The basics of learning the game is just like learning what hand beats what at the very beginning. But mastering last creep kill, denying creeps is the equivalent of knowing when to fold your ace high flush vs someone's FH on the river.

Additionally, this game has become so popular that there are teams now that are sponsored to play in world wide tournaments. It is the most popular Real Time Strategy mod ever made.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
denying creeps is the equivalent of knowing when to fold your ace high flush vs someone's FH on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did this make me laugh uncontrollably , good post on trying to explain what DoTA is, but only until you play it will you know what it is.

And it's true that you can make money playing this video game, last month my team made 2k playing DoTA.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And it's true that you can make money playing this video game, last month my team made 2k playing DoTA.

[/ QUOTE ]

what team? Pandemic? I used to game with the coL. dudes daily before CAL got involved.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:00 AM

I've played with raptor, durrr, and gobbo a couple times. They're all pretty decent (cept durrr, he sucks). Anyway, they usually play on east, I play on west. If you play on west come to channel Clan 2p2, there are alot of 2p2 members already in the clan. (Yes, there's gambling SOMETIMES, but most of the time its just inhouse games for fun) Honestly though putting moeny on the line takes some enjoyment out of dota. So if you are looking for some inhouse games or simply hang out with some poker players that play dota come to channel clan 2p2 on west. (we're normally around at 9pm)
Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've just read this thread and you are lost here's a light explanation of what he's talking about.

DOTA = Defenders of the Ancients
WC3 = WarCraft 3
mod = custom game

This is a real time strategy game. Object of the game is to destroy the enemy base. 2 teams, teams consist of 1-5 players on each side. There are over 80 heroes to choose from where you build your characters over time through leveling and buying items. Players raise money by killing 'creeps' that spawn on the map. The game has been around for 5+ years now and one can say is much like poker. EZ to learn, a life time to master. No joke. The basics of learning the game is just like learning what hand beats what at the very beginning. But mastering last creep kill, denying creeps is the equivalent of knowing when to fold your ace high flush vs someone's FH on the river.

Additionally, this game has become so popular that there are teams now that are sponsored to play in world wide tournaments. It is the most popular Real Time Strategy mod ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh ok. so elky would pwn it, right?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw dota sucks compared to real 1v1 or 2v2

[/ QUOTE ]

btw no-one cares

[/ QUOTE ]

jay, check ur PM box.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 PM

practical DOTA in an impractical world
Old 10-31-2007, 12:51 PM

how can you level your hero's so much? Are they that stupid?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 PM

wow gay
Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats DOTA lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the clown expansion for DOTA.