Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Trips on the river

A very loose $2/4 game. Five or six people seeing most flops, maybe half the hands raised preflop. My first orbit at the table; the only player I recognize wasn't involved in this hand.

Hero has [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 in the hijack seat.

UTG calls, 2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 coldcalls, hero coldcalls (questionable, but expecting at least 5 and likely 6 players to the flop, seemed justifiable), CO folds, button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6. (10SB)

Check, check, preflop raiser bets out, everybody calls. Between the rainbow flop and the backdoor draw, felt like it was worth peeling one off.

Turn: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 (7.5BB)

Check, check, preflop raiser leads again, call, call, call, fold.

Hero has now picked up a 1-card OESD, and it feels like a straight ought to be good, noone likely to play J8, so ten outs now. I don't expect everyone to stay in if I raise and not sure there's any point in a free showdown. Secondary question: how clean do you think your outs are and IS there a case for raising here?

The river: [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 (11BB)

Hey, our ship came in! BUT...

UTG wakes up and leads. Both middle players call. Your turn....

What could UTG have? How often do you think your trips with no kicker (board's K9 plays) are winning?
Old 09-30-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Trips on the river

[ QUOTE ]
hero coldcalls (questionable, but I hate money, so I burned some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop, call

turn, call

River, you hit, raise, you are getting like 700-1 on this raise. Please raise, call a 3bet.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:54 AM

I think if they had a set on the they would have played it stronger on the turn, I just call here almost sounds like a donk playing a high PP(not KK) to me.

Edit: I would raise here actully
Old 09-30-2006, 06:18 PM

The donk had 65(!), the raiser AKs and the coldcaller JJ (yeesh.. what is HE staying in this pot for?)

I was sufficiently scared that the big blind had the case 7 that I only called. Oops. Thanks for the reminder I was being timid.