Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 PM

Default BOSTON TO FOXWOODS

I need to start making regular trips down there I don't have a car and don't have many friends who are willing to roll down there for more than just a few hours on weekends. So I'm just wondering if the Peter Pan bus line is my fastest and cheapest option to gt down there..the website says 26.00 each way which seems a little steep..are there other options, shuttles, group trips that I'm not aware of. Thank you for any help and sorry for not using the search first i'm rushing out the door.
Aaron
Old 11-14-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: BOSTON TO FOXWOODS

Look into the Chinatown buses, I hear they are cheap
and pretty good when they don't flip over.

-ZEN
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Peter Pan or Greyhound isnt that bad. I havent taken it in about a year but it used to be about $40 round trip. Its a pretty good deal considering they give you $10 in Keno vouchers and a coupon that can be used as either a $10 match play or a free meal at the Buffet. Another thing, you can catch the bus at Riverside station (last stop on the D line) which is a lot easier depending on where you're coming from than going to South Station.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:05 PM

It has been a few years but I used to take that bus 3-4 times a month down to foxwoods. I think I was paying something like $25-30 round trip and got a buffet comp and $10 in keno. If you catch the early bus you can be there by 8AM which was perfect for me to get into a 4/8 or 5/10 game. Plus you get a breather in Providence which is one of my favorite towns. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Good luck.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:05 PM

I was looking into options just a few weeks ago. There is a company that runs out of Chinatown called 'Anna Travel Inc'. They have a bus that runs at 11am, 1:30 pm, 9:30pm and ones returning at 9:30 and 4am. I am not sure if these times are daily as I have only taken them on the weekends (I am sure they at least have some runs daily though). The bus round trip costs 10 dollars and they also give you a free buffet ticket and some tickets you can use at the machines and some other games (you can't use them in the poker room). Usually when you get off the bus, there are people willing to buy the tickets for about 15 dollars. Here's the info on their business card.

You can buy tickets at:

9 Knapp St.

Email is:

ANNA_TRAVEL_BOSTON@yahoo.com

Number to call is:

617-482-7282
617-482-0379