Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Quitin time for Doyle

He was either playing above his bankroll

Meh. According to Doyle, the only person in the game NOT playing above his bankroll is Guy Laliberte.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was either playing above his bankroll or just plain scared, neither of which works in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 03:32 PM

Problem is, if doyle calls the $100k, gold is going to probably shove the river because he thinks he has the nuts not realising he's turning his hand into a bluff. 400BB+ deep a 10 high flush doesn't look that good in that spot. Yes Gold is retarded and overvalues hands, but even Doyle can't think that Gold is overvaluing a lower flush than a 10 high flush. Doyle probably knows Gold is retarded but he can't think he's that retarded to raise the turn with 97ss, 56ss, 76ss, 32ss etc etc. Doyle has the 8 spades and the 4 spades is on the board. Surely no-one could be that retarded to raise $100k with a lower flush. Surely. The only thing we learnt about this hand is that Gold is more retarded than first thought.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how this one hand defines the people who understand poker and those that dont.

I strongly suspect anyone disagreeing with Doyles play has never played above 25NL or their weekly home game - if they even play the game.

Best post in thread
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know why doyle is betting the turn just to fold to a raise. with that mind set, he should just check behind and call a river bet by gold.[ QUOTE ]

LMFAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea pretty much exactly my thoughts. If you cant figure out why Doyle folds here you might never get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

never get it? who got out played there?

there is a read on the flop by doyle that you guys are over looking. doyle wasnt sure about his hand on the turn, so he bet to get information and found out he was beat......good play.

all i'm saying is that if you're not sure about your hand because of a read on the flop.......and your going to fold to a check raise on the turn.......then why bet?

you guys are mostly dumbass internet players. your reads are based on stats and timing. replay the hand and watch what happens when jamie check calls the flop. look at doyles reaction. theres something he's not sure about.

most of you guys are too math oriented and thats fine. it is correct to bet the turn.......not if there is a read and your not sure though.

its simple, your not sure so check behind, jamie bets probably 25k on the river and you call and win the pot. i dont like the play either my fellow dumbass's but if in doubt.....check......not bet. why do you think doyle was so willing to fold the hand? he had a read that stemmed from the flop.

doyle finds out later he was out played and gets steamed up. yeah, thats some real good poker. i thought doyle can tell what someone has just by looking into a mans eyes. i guess jamie is such a dumbass that he thought he had the best hand and doyle read him right.......good play.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:41 PM

(1) gold was folding to a shove
(2) doyle overbet the turn
(3) everything gold did in the hand showed extreme strength, and I expected Doyle was going to fold to that huge raise
(4) I've only seen one episode of this season but so far it seems Doyle has played very impressively

-Jeff
Old 11-07-2007, 04:40 PM

guys why do you even bother argueing with the poker professionals, everyone knows that doyle played the hand weak. He had the 3rd nuts with 400+BB deep, he should have just pushed, since it was obvious that the strong looking Gold was weak.

I cant stand that noob talk any longer. All the people with 200 posts (all in NVG) talk about how bad of a laydown it was. They've never sat at a table with 400BBs and the 3rd nut flush, facing a raise to an overbet, where a call basicly commits himself to the pot.

Other than that:
Most people forget that it was early in the session, i guess if it was the 5th or 6th episode, Doyle would have called. But losing your buyin early in a marginal spot pretty much sucks.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:43 PM

This thread is based on like the most ridiculous set of oversights ever.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:45 PM

That hand happened after Jamie went on and on about being the best bluffer...blah blah blah...I think Doyle figured Jamie would exploit with a nut/near nut hand. The question for doyle is is my hand worth 500k...not just Jamie's raise..doyle asked the question with his big bet and he got his answer and folded. I admire his discipline.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys why do you even bother argumenting with the poker professionals, everyone knows that doyle played the hand weak. He had the 3rd nuts with 400+BB deep, he should have just pushed,since it was obvious that the strong looking Gold was weak. I cant stand that noob talk any longer. All the people with 200 posts (all in NVG) talk about how bad of a laydown it was. They've never sat at a table with 400BBs and the 3rd nut flush, facing a raise to an overbet, where a call basicly commits himself to the pot.
Other than that:
Most people forget that it was early in the session, i guess if it was the 5th or 6th episode, Doyle would have called. But losing your buyin early in a marginal spot pretty much sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
This could be the most confusing, self contradicting post I have ever read. I am not even sure what you are trying to say.
People are dumb for saying he shouln't have folded.
You think he should have pushed.
You think Gold who was acting weak, looked strong and therefor was weak.
You justify Doyle Brunson's reason for folding as to it was the 4th and not the 5th or 6th season?
Is this a level?
I do not need 200 posts to know you're a moron.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:05 PM

The only way Doyle will retire from poker will be when he dies...