Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: play2kill bluffing or telling the truth to ansky?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1st tournament she ever enters in PokerStars is $2600. She manages to beat a field of top-notch pros although she's a novice poker player. I'd snapcall his bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I understand, this guy Chris Moneymaker played his first live $10,000 WSOP event and managed to beat a field of top-notch pros although he's a novice player

[/ QUOTE ]

And if Binions security were to ask Chris after the tournament about what happened in certain key hands he played, Chris would have been easily able to recount in detail each of them.

Do you think Telscher's sister could do the same? My guess is that Pokerstars security found she couldn't.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:15 AM

What the funk is the deal with Thuritz and Thelcher??! No one knows when it's one or the other playing the play2kill account and now with theVoid there's the same confusion surfacing. Do these guys share underwear? What's with them Siamesing their accounts?

Sharing accounts = evil.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1st tournament she ever enters in PokerStars is $2600. She manages to beat a field of top-notch pros although she's a novice poker player. I'd snapcall his bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I understand, this guy Chris Moneymaker played his first live $10,000 WSOP event and managed to beat a field of top-notch pros although he's a novice player

[/ QUOTE ]

And if Binions security were to ask Chris after the tournament about what happened in certain key hands he played, Chris would have been easily able to recount in detail each of them.

Do you think Telscher's sister could do the same? My guess is that Pokerstars security found she couldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

But is this alone enough to take 1.3 million?

ok, so it wasnt her playing it... if it was this Thuritz guy. If thuritz didnt have another account in the tournament.. is that really wrong? maybe a violation of the TOS, but not definitely, and if it is i think the punishment wouldnt fit the crime.

I think there must be more to it than that. Atleast i hope there is. I wish stars would tell us. someone email them.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:41 AM

stars is so hypocritical, they'll get torched if this is taken to some sort of court
Old 10-22-2007, 07:05 AM

this is just bogus imo. if you cant prove anything you have no case. so what if he helped his sister a bit after a while. if I got deep in a tournament of this caliber I would for sure contact some sng expert to tell me the right push hands.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:15 AM

i agree. if there werent multiple accounts in the tourney i think this is a huge over reaction.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree. if there werent multiple accounts in the tourney i think this is a huge over reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teltscher's charachter must have played a rule. Maybe the ruling was a bit technical, but it was clear he had done wrong and they wanted to make an example of him.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM

I highly doubt that Stars would confiscate his money, simply because he played under a different account. At least, how would they be able to prove the fact?

He must of done something much more critical.

Poor guy though!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 PM

Dont want to hijack the thread;but I understand that play2kill account is used by different players.
Is Mark teltscher the guy who mainly plays this account in the 25-50NL games?..i understand he is the guy who has had success in a few live tournaments,just wondered if he was anygood at cash.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 PM

the rumor is that he played 5-6 accounts from the beginning of the tournament. even if he just played two accounts from the beginning, this is multi-accounting and he got what he deserved.
and after the Zeejustin/JJ scandal, I am sure he knows the full consequences very clearly but he still decided to gamble. And if you are willing to gamble, you should be mentally prepared for the worst-case scenario which is getting caught and lose everything.
I do have some sympathy for Zeejustin though because at that time lots of people were doing it and he absolutely had no idea that he would get punishment this harsh. right now it is just different. if you decide to gamble, you should know that sometimes you will lose, maybe even lose a huge amount of money like 1.2 million. but it is all your choice to begin with which is taking a big chance and bet that nobody can catch you. so i dont have any sympathy for any guys doing it right now.