Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: RE: Josh

[ QUOTE ]

Also, as for a default judgement, I'm not sure how that works, but there would be no way to enforce it. It would have to be taken up in an international court like the ICOJ, but only countries can make claims there and the US wouldn't find this a worthy cause to represent somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most jurisdictions in the United States give you a tremendous amount of tools to enforce judgments. PokerStars takes hundreds of millions of dollars out of this country, and pumps tens of millions of dollars into this country in the form of advertising and endorsements. Basically, all you have to do is identify some of the money coming in or out, and you can issue subpoenas (such as to the members of Team PokerStars and the publications in which Stars runs ads) and restraining notices in order to find it and seize it. I don't think it would be difficult.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, as for a default judgement, I'm not sure how that works, but there would be no way to enforce it. It would have to be taken up in an international court like the ICOJ, but only countries can make claims there and the US wouldn't find this a worthy cause to represent somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most jurisdictions in the United States give you a tremendous amount of tools to enforce judgments. PokerStars takes hundreds of millions of dollars out of this country, and pumps tens of millions of dollars into this country in the form of advertising and endorsements. Basically, all you have to do is identify some of the money coming in or out, and you can issue subpoenas (such as to the members of Team PokerStars and the publications in which Stars runs ads) and restraining notices in order to find it and seize it. I don't think it would be difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

just stop dude. nobody is going to sue pokerstars.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just stop dude. nobody is going to sue pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 PM

Stars, do the right thing!
Otherwise, WCOOP will become a joke.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suffice to say that all matters were investigated thoroughly.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How bout you teach your front line guys to stop blowing their support loads when it regards important issues?

Thanks for the update, though.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chill Stuey. It is a gossip forum. Whether this, or any other source is legitimate is of less concern than the attitude you bring which limits what any legitimate poster might disclose.

2+2 can often take a condecending tone, and most people 'in-the-know' would rather not be bothered with such a vitriolic attitude. I guess when you have a sport where everyone naturally assumes they are the best player this is logical behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no beef with you Rio. You have always delivered good stuff and have been a plus to this forum.

I NEVER questioned whether the info that guy was putting out was valid. He just felt it necessary to use one of his first three posts to rip into another poster and I felt like using one of my 1400 posts to comment on his need to focus on his cred and not going after another poster because they questioned his bona fides.

[/ QUOTE ]

i only have about 350 posts? am i allowd to respond with my opinion and insults yet or do i need more? having more, or less, posts doesnt make your rip more justified son.

[/ QUOTE ]

Son. LOL
Old 10-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]

I have no beef with you Rio. You have always delivered good stuff and have been a plus to this forum.

I NEVER questioned whether the info that guy was putting out was valid. He just felt it necessary to use one of his first three posts to rip into another poster and I felt like using one of my 1400 posts to comment on his need to focus on his cred and not going after another poster because they questioned his bona fides.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I felt it necessary to comment on their post of ''so it wasn't the same IP, therefore must be completely innocent'' which is a totally naive statement, why do you feel the need to defend them? They weren't attacking my ''bona fides'' I was only lurking at that stage and saw a couple of retarded posts and unfortunately I can't tolerate idiots...
Old 10-11-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We have conducted an investigation into the appropriate players and as you will see in the client today, the winner has been officially been declared.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that if the investigation is over that Stars would communicate it by a cryptic email like that and not by a post from the security manager. What was the date of this email?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the email last night. If anybody wants me to forward it to them, PM me your email address.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like final decision has been reached... ?

[/ QUOTE ]Try reading two posts above you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tutorial on "how to read an internet messageboard" - I was responding to the "two posts above me" where Stars security was quoted as saying an official decision hadn't been reached. How much do I owe you for the lesson?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:16 PM

well given that the email from support stating the decision was made used the screenshot you posted as evidence, and then someone from the management team responded to a requestion regarding that email saying it wasn't complete, it's not a stretch to say that the image you posted is completely irrelevant.
Closed Thread