Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]

Very very odd from someone who doesn't miss these things, and just finished 2nd, and just had hit travel roomate win.

Doesn't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way the wind seems to be blowing as I measured it also.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to believe Stars knows the answer to all of their questions and the inquiry is complete. I think it is more of a decision of how they proceed PR-wise. It is lose-lose for them the more they make public unfortunately.

If they let him keep the money there will be a backlash, and much trust will be eroded because clearly there is no way to explain this situation away.

If they seize the money, it is bad because people feel threatened by such a huge seizure from an esoteric situation as seen byt most casual players. It is not like he was sharing holecards with someone at the final table and Stars can proudly proclaim "we got 'em"

There is definitely politics behinds their decision as well. Teltscher is a genuinely unlikable guy and has many enemies. If it were somebody like Ted Forrest in the same situation, it is doubtful his funds would be confiscated. the whole issue would be played down.

I certainly don't envy the position of pokerstars' PR dept. right now. If I were them I think you have to sweep it under the rug as much as possible at this point. I'm surprised they even replied here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they know the answers to all the questions. Then I really don't see a dilemma here. Letting a cheater keep the money would be a much bigger disaster for them and many people will start to think PS is a safe haven for cheats. PP did the same thing to JJProdigy and they came out OK. It didn't affect the casual players at all.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He isn't listed as a remaining player for day 3, nor is his name anywhere in day one or two coverage or on notable bustouts per pokernews.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about in his sister's name?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to believe Stars knows the answer to all of their questions and the inquiry is complete. I think it is more of a decision of how they proceed PR-wise. It is lose-lose for them the more they make public unfortunately.

If they let him keep the money there will be a backlash, and much trust will be eroded because clearly there is no way to explain this situation away.

If they seize the money, it is bad because people feel threatened by such a huge seizure from an esoteric situation as seen byt most casual players. It is not like he was sharing holecards with someone at the final table and Stars can proudly proclaim "we got 'em"

There is definitely politics behinds their decision as well. Teltscher is a genuinely unlikable guy and has many enemies. If it were somebody like Ted Forrest in the same situation, it is doubtful his funds would be confiscated. the whole issue would be played down.

I certainly don't envy the position of pokerstars' PR dept. right now. If I were them I think you have to sweep it under the rug as much as possible at this point. I'm surprised they even replied here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sort of agree with you, but this pretty much directly contradicts the pokerstars rep posts in this thread.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 PM

I can't see them sweeping it under the rug. PS has never done that in the past, they have always been forthright, going to all the major forums and posting when a big scandal hits, so I say they either don't have the answers/results yet or they are simply trying to figure out the best way to come out about the answers/results. Like you said, their poor PR department.....

T
Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 PM

Why did they give away brad booths money as prize funds?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if Teltscher started the event in Baden?

[/ QUOTE ]

he did not. full list of runners here
Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 PM

I am sure they are still investigating. Also I'm sure they will come out with some sort of solution to the Multi-Accounting problem, whether it works or not is not important. What is important is the appearance that something is being down. I don't think this investigating after the fact is making people feel good about online poker.Its important to reassure the public that it is safe.

Of course silence is a good strat as well. Search the Web and you will see that few if any poker media have picked up this story.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see them sweeping it under the rug. PS has never done that in the past, they have always been forthright, going to all the major forums and posting when a big scandal hits, so I say they either don't have the answers/results yet or they are simply trying to figure out the best way to come out about the answers/results. Like you said, their poor PR department.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think sweeping this under the rug is even an option for them. Every poker forum you go to is blazing with info about this event. If he was multi-accounting PS should take the money back, if not he deserves it. But whatever the decision PS will lose more but ignoring the problem than just showing us the results.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they know the answers to all the questions. Then I really don't see a dilemma here. Letting a cheater keep the money would be a much bigger disaster for them and many people will start to think PS is a safe haven for cheats. PP did the same thing to JJProdigy and they came out OK. It didn't affect the casual players at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spot on post Rio, I'm glad someone with the correct amount of posts/respect around here is on the same page!
Let me say I have full confidence in Stars in this matter, but to address the last post, yes there is alot of forum chatter about this, but I still think they can easily get away with a coverup if they felt it was better business. Most of the people that know what's going on here are serious players that will not be put off playing by scandals like this as they are aware of the inherent dangers of internet poker anyway. And the casual players as you've seen from this thread will find it very easy to believe innocence and put it all down to idol gossip...
Closed Thread