Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Beat: lost my rent money

[ QUOTE ]

I need to find something else that gives me a kick in a more healthy way. Sports, for instance, or falling in love.

[/ QUOTE ]

falling in love is a temporary high that, upon coming down from, you will seek out that high again. read: drugs, hookers, gambling, etc... repeat cycle.

it's obvious that you/I/we can only find something larger that you can contribute to (GA for some) or another community of people you care about actively (pick one), or a cause worthy of your time (say writing reflections upon the human condition as a struggling over-age adolescent male in civ society). this, combined with other difficult yet positively reinforcing commitments (exercise, team sports, etc.) will re-direct that impulse positively.

more highs and lows from falling in love will only serve as a temporary reprieve. don't take my word for it, ask around to other men you trust (oh, wait...). it's the same impulse for desire for deeper life misdirected towards a desire for gratification wearing a different skirt. imo.