FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: FREE SKULL[CENSORED]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you guys want to, you can post on neverwinpoker. They don't have any moderation at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i make it rain on them hos

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 05:03 AM

You do realize that most cardrooms(in Vegas at least) do not let you swear, right? At least the F word is banned I'm sure in almost every room here in Vegas. That kinda makes your "everyone here is old enough to play poker" argument kinda moot, no?

The bottom line is that many people are offended by foul language. Perhaps you and your friends aren't, but I grew up in a Christian family and around many other Christians my entire life(attended Christian college too), and I can tell you that many people are indeed offended by it. I am not. But I understand the reasoning.

And yes there are people that are ok with poker but not ok with swearing.

105,101 and counting
Old 10-30-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that many people are offended by foul language.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] them.

But no, seriously, I obviously realize that some might find foul language offensive, and that is their prerogative. I'm not gonna judge. But truth be told, people are offended by a lot of things. Political opinions, religious views, sex, indie hipsters, and so on. The question is whether your right to remain unoffended should outweigh other people's right to offend, or in this case, use offensive language.

I don't think it should, but I also realize it's a moot point since this is a privately owned web site, and notions of free speech are largely irrelevant.

That's why I focused on the practical concerns. Posters have to be careful not to accidentally circumvent the profanity filter (I know you probably won't have a problem with that, but come on, who are we kidding, most posters type their posts with their balls on this site), mods will have more policing to do, and the admins will have to add new words to the filter when they can't turn a blind eye to a new skull[censored].

How about we change the profanity filter to a voluntary option that can be toggled? That way, the poor sensitive souls who are offended by skull[censored] can give their eyes respite from the strain. Just a suggestion...

[ QUOTE ]
105,101 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored]
Old 10-30-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: FREE SKULL[CENSORED] *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 10-30-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally the profanity filter was thought important as this website was created to gain exposure for 2+2 publications. It was felt that representatives from places like Borders would appreciate such a feature.

Now, the profanity filter remains because the owner of the website, Mason Malmuth simply prefers it remain. He never curses. Ever. He will sometimes quote other people. But I can confirm that in all the time I've known him ( and I've seen him almost every day for 5 years or so) he's never used a swear word. Admittedly I find this to be very [censored] strange. But there you have it. The [censored] [censored] [censored] profanity filter is here to stay.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:32 AM

I'd make a good profanity filter.
Examples
Outta my [censored] cab: Outta my peaceful cab
This is what happens when you [censored] a stranger in the ass. This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps: or this is what happens when you feed a stoner scrambled eggs.
plz to be profanity filter?