Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did I benefit from buying it?
Yes 13 28.26%
No 33 71.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Step on stars for the sunday million (poll inside)

[ QUOTE ]
No...tons of demand

Stars just prefers the lameness of DS's and TS's to the awesomness of STEPS.

Sunday Million steps would be way way more popular than either Cash STEPs or PCA STEPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

The triple shoot outs suck so bad.

Aren't the people at PokerStars smart? I'm sure they know this is what everyone wants. Maybe there is a reason they don't want them? If somebody does one buy in and keeps repeating the steps without busting out or winning a seat, does PokerStars make rake off of him, or do they just make rake once from his one buy in?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:11 AM

they make rake off every tournament played in the steps, repeated or not. I just made like 2000 FPPs playing steps 3 and 4 over and over again on the same $27 entry
Old 10-27-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No...tons of demand

Sunday Million steps would be way way more popular than either Cash STEPs or PCA STEPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't the people at PokerStars smart? I'm sure they know this is what everyone wants. Maybe there is a reason they don't want them? If somebody does one buy in and keeps repeating the steps without busting out or winning a seat, does PokerStars make rake off of him, or do they just make rake once from his one buy in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy guys - if there's one thing that Stars has proven, it's that they are smart, and they do take these types of suggestions seriously. I don't think that we'll see these implemented 'mid-week' - if anything, we'd see them implemented on a Sunday, with a new batch of Sunday Million sats.

But if they choose not to implement them, I'm sure there's a reason for it, and it's not that "they're not smart". Bryan has been been really good about giving feedback on our feedback, hopefully he'll continue this trend with this thread...

OT
Old 10-27-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No...tons of demand

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy guys - if there's one thing that Stars has proven, it's that they are smart, and they do take these types of suggestions seriously. I don't think that we'll see these implemented 'mid-week' - if anything, we'd see them implemented on a Sunday, with a new batch of Sunday Million sats.

But if they choose not to implement them, I'm sure there's a reason for it, and it's not that "they're not smart". Bryan has been been really good about giving feedback on our feedback, hopefully he'll continue this trend with this thread...

OT

[/ QUOTE ] I wasn't being rude.

I was just questioning them because I think there is no reason for this not to be done and I thought he would reply and say why they wouldn't want them.

Maybe they will start them on Sunday or next week and he's not replying because they are suprising us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was just questioning them because I think there is no reason for this not to be done and I thought he would reply and say why they wouldn't want them.

Maybe they will start them on Sunday or next week and he's not replying because they are suprising us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi folks,

We're certainly not ignoring any of you; this thread is being read as just about every thread in this forum which mentions proposed improvements to PokerStars is read. We simply haven't had anything to add beyond what's already been stated to this point, and thus have monitored the discussion without adding anything.

Steps sit & go tournaments to the Sunday Million have been discussed within Poker Room Management; the consensus opinion is that we should not have Million Steps. Steps aren't intended to top out at $215 prizes at the uppermost level; we have systems and tournaments in place which already accomplish that same goal.

While we appreciate the enthusiasm for the Steps - they are after all less than a month old - we have no plans to adapt the system to run satellites to the Sunday Million.

All the best,

Bryan S.
Tournaments Administrator
PokerStars Poker Room Management Team
Old 10-27-2007, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Bryan.

(& boo... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

OT
Old 10-27-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime. (FWIW, I hate saying "No." :P)

By the way... can someone explain the uke thing, please? I have searched 2p2 and cannot find an explanation for all the ukes in images. It's cool, though, seeing how people have adapted various images/themes.

All the best,

Bryan S.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime. (FWIW, I hate saying "No." :P)

By the way... can someone explain the uke thing, please? I have searched 2p2 and cannot find an explanation for all the ukes in images. It's cool, though, seeing how people have adapted various images/themes.

All the best,

Bryan S.

[/ QUOTE ]

bbv4l
Old 10-27-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi folks,

We're certainly not ignoring any of you; this thread is being read as just about every thread in this forum which mentions proposed improvements to PokerStars is read. We simply haven't had anything to add beyond what's already been stated to this point, and thus have monitored the discussion without adding anything.

Steps sit & go tournaments to the Sunday Million have been discussed within Poker Room Management; the consensus opinion is that we should not have Million Steps. Steps aren't intended to top out at $215 prizes at the uppermost level; we have systems and tournaments in place which already accomplish that same goal.

While we appreciate the enthusiasm for the Steps - they are after all less than a month old - we have no plans to adapt the system to run satellites to the Sunday Million.

All the best,

Bryan S.

[/ QUOTE ] I did not like reading that. You should have just not said anything.

Joking.

Oh well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If the cash STEPS don't start out at $2 or $3, then I won't be playing on PokerStars anymore. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that none of the games I can afford to play interest me at all.

Thanks for posting BryanStars
Old 10-27-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the cash STEPS don't start out at $2 or $3, then I won't be playing on PokerStars anymore. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that none of the games I can afford to play interest me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question - where are you going to play? As a micro-donk, I agree that cash steps starting that low would be awesome, but even without them I think Stars is the best place for a micro-donk to play... (best in terms of low stakes MTT's, SnG's and cash tables).

OT