Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM

Default River bluff at time but now think it may be value bet

Villan is 31/10/2

I think I misplayed this hand, but really don't know what to think of it. At the time, I made a standard c-bet on the flop thinking that I had the best hand. On the turn I thought that I was making a value bet vs a lower pair, and or didnt want J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] making a bigger house than me by hitting, and then on the river I remember thinking right, now I got called on the turn I must not have the best hand, but wait a K, what a great card to bluff. When he folded I realise that he most likely had A4, or 55 (smaller pair) and so a check to induce a bluff may have been better. I assume pairs TT + re-raise pre-flop or on the flop, and so maybe I missed a river bet. I've no idea what I think of this hand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

What line do you take?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($61.70)
BB ($100)
Hero ($132.40)
MP ($91.05)
CO ($97.50)
Button ($176.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, MP calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($11.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP calls $10, SB folds.

Turn: ($31.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, MP calls $24.

River: ($79.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $79.5</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $159