Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Do I give up?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Villain is 19/16, with AF 3.7/3.9/1.3 and WSD 19/53 after 340 hands.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Now what?
Doubtful that he calls me on the flop with less than Ax?
Old 07-01-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Do I give up?

I think you're [censored]
Old 07-01-2006, 02:50 AM

bet/fold? if bet/call then i'm not sure what i do on the river. probably check/fold then?

bbb
Old 07-01-2006, 03:35 AM

The odd thing about this guy is that he is SO aggressive on the flop and turn but then goes passive. Combine this with his low WTSD and this gets confusing. We're pretty much hoping that this guy has either 99 or will fold JJ/QQ/KK to a turn bet. Is he the kind of guy who peels flops/turns and folds the river and so doesn't get to showdown? With aggression numbers that high I'd have expected him to raise the flop with an ace unless he is actually capable of playing AQ/AK in these situations a little more passively. Despite his low WTSD I'm c/f this hand unless he's proven to me that he can peel flops with JJ-KK but then fold them UI.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:06 AM

Ugh, tough spot. The flop call from your aggro opponent seems kind of suspicious, though, doesn't it? And, yeah, he folds a lot, but the problem is that 77 now has a reason to call again (edit: well, okay, this is mostly a problem if he'll then fire with that 77 on the river), as does any PP with a diamond in it. Plus, the diamond draw got there, if Villain decided uncharacteristically (for him) just to call with that on the flop.

In the heat of the hand, I'd probably fire again, hoping Villain would now release JJ or something (or that he just had 99), but I check-folding might be better. I think you are going to be behind here a lot.