Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 10:49 AM

Default ub hu etiquette

when it's HU on a 6max table and i try to sit in, someone almost always says "HU PLZ". should i even respect this, since it seems that in a lot of cases, the guy saying it just wants the fishie to himself? and if i sit down at an empty table and someone sits, is it alright for me to just decide that we want this HU?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 AM

Default Re: ub hu etiquette

I think you should listen to this guy.

[ QUOTE ]
Dont ever come into a head up game and try to get one of the players out of the game so you can play another game with them. This is one of the dirtiest moves around. Ive seen it so many times. If you were playing a guy head up and he voluntarily left you to come play me head up. Dont ever come in and try to get him back and kill my game. Obviously he wants to leave your game and play with me. I would never do this to anyone and people should show me and everyone the same respect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2006, 11:04 AM

there are HU tables now at the highest limits so this should be no problem anymore
Old 07-25-2006, 11:54 AM

i'd sit out, and wait for someone else to join, then play 4 way. they cn go find another table.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd sit out, and wait for someone else to join, then play 4 way. they cn go find another table.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok dick
Old 07-25-2006, 05:14 PM

when i was often playing in these games i would usually respect the request, especially if the two had been going at it and there were other tables available, but i found it pathetic when one player asked me to leave a public game just so he could have the trout to himself. i once saw johnny moss get angry at prahlad when asked to leave a game.

if both guys want to play heads-up then leave them alone, but i've never asked a player to leave even if i'd rather he weren't there.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:43 PM

No. It's 6 max for a reason - 4 other seats, open for play whenever you want. Also, say that you feel that you can take this guy's money now playing 3 max, because that is your speciality. Should YOU be denied the right to sit with him because he wants you to wait to finish off the other fish? What if you want a piece of that fish? Should you have to wait for the fish to go bust so only he can have its money? Nonsense again. You must be one hell of a good human being to ask this question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. If both him AND the fish want to play alone, let them go to a heads up table and do what they need to do. And if UB doesn't have heads up tables (which they [censored] should), then too bad...let that guy take it up with UB.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:45 PM

this is lame if the fishy wants to just play the first guy HU he can sit out when you sit in. If the fish doesn't sit out when you play then he wants to play. If the original guy and the fishy sit out when I come in I get the hint and leave.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:56 PM

i almost always honor these requests. If both of them ask for hu then i 100% sitout, unless i dislike both of them (i dont dislike ppl too easily). Theres some ppl that ask for hu literally everytime, and i obviously dont honor those requests. Most good regulars are tactful enough to almost never ask for hu, so if they do i give it to them 100%.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:23 AM

Just curious as I dont play HU anywya, but what would u do if this was live instead of online?