Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: My boneheaded play

i'm a little confused, but it sounds like the reckless player sucked out on both of you, but you personally would have lost the pot in any case as the other player had your jacks beat.

but i sympathize with you. it seems like loose reckless players who just push all in at strange times are always on a lucky streak the times when i'm ahead pre-flop and on the flop. i know in reality that these things even out over time and the loose player is going to lose lots and lots of money if they always play that way, but when you're the "victim" of their lucky streak the days can get long.

my first piece of advice for you would be to NOT make any absolute rules about the hands you're holding. every single hand at the table is situation sensitive. always folding AJs can also lose you money. in all honesty, i think you should have bought back in and picked a spot to bust that dude. but it might have just been his night and that's what keeps the donks coming back to the juicy games.

better luck in the future, but if you find out how to deal with a maniac on a hot streak, then let me know ASAP