Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Update on Townsend/Farha/Baldwin Game Monday?

Let me put it this way, if he was a big winner, why would they go to the extremes to fit the game around him when he is in town with extra omaha games on the go.

This assumes you know how these games form. Is that a reasonable assumption? Do you play the Bellagio regularly. Do you play in the game? Did you notice that most of these games may be forming as a result of the WSOP being in town.

He is either a major catalyst in the game or he is a loser in it - no way he is taking more cash out of the game than he is putting in be it his cash or others stepping up to play with him when he is in town.

Based on your assumption that games form around him, he is a loser or catalyst. Seems probable, but on a unfounded assumption.

Your method of debate is actually pretty childish all in all. Maybe you should stick to colour by numbers and leave things like poker to the grown ups.
We are not talking poker play, we are talking poker gossip. Perhaps you don’t understand the context of the discussion. Don’t you find it strange to call gossiping a grown up activity. These aren’t serious discussions and they don’t warrant contemplative, serious answers.

Everytime someone makes a silly post about something they clearly know nothing about, some MORAN chimes in to say "Hey, that's silly. You clearly know nothing about this. Stfu, if you're going to make unfounded claims" [in a gossip forum]. Fall down some stairs and post a video please.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me put it this way, if he was a big winner, why would they go to the extremes to fit the game around him when he is in town with extra omaha games on the go.

This assumes you know how these games form. Is that a reasonable assumption? Do you play the Bellagio regularly. Do you play in the game? Did you notice that most of these games may be forming as a result of the WSOP being in town.

He is either a major catalyst in the game or he is a loser in it - no way he is taking more cash out of the game than he is putting in be it his cash or others stepping up to play with him when he is in town.

Based on your assumption that games form around him, he is a loser or catalyst. Seems probable, but on a unfounded assumption.

Your method of debate is actually pretty childish all in all. Maybe you should stick to colour by numbers and leave things like poker to the grown ups.
We are not talking poker play, we are talking poker gossip. Perhaps you don’t understand the context of the discussion. Don’t you find it strange to call gossiping a grown up activity. These aren’t serious discussions and they don’t warrant contemplative, serious answers.

Everytime someone makes a silly post about something they clearly know nothing about, some MORAN chimes in to say "Hey, that's silly. You clearly know nothing about this. Stfu, if you're going to make unfounded claims" [in a gossip forum]. Fall down some stairs and post a video please.

[/ QUOTE ]

there getting it on cause they dont get along
Old 06-19-2007, 01:32 PM

This thread needs a ceiling cat.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it but LOLed.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't aba be able to make more multitabling 200/400+ on Full Tilt? Sure they don't run all the time but still. This is like 50 hands pr hour right? 4 tabling Full Tilt is like 400 hands pr hour. Plus isn't his edge bigger on FT? Seems like an ego thing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? u realize that this live game is 5-8x as big as his online games? maybe more considering how deep they get and that there is often a 4k straddle.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:46 PM

and id guess his edge is much bigger in these live games than in tough online sh'd games.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:54 PM

This is prolly the largest big bet poker game ever played. Too bad there aren't any journalist to write about it. SICK action.

I’d really like Brian to lose though. Only cause he seems so boring in that radio interview. “My car was my biggest purchase…” WTF! 8mil + in 2 years and you’re buying a 90k car and have barely traveled. Give it all to Bobby Baldwin or start living it up. I really hope it wakes him up. Its sad to see an obviously smart guy not use his brain or even wanna party like a rockstar. I guess that's how he got good though. Putting on blinders FTW.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent
Old 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is prolly the largest big bet poker game ever played. Too bad there aren't any journalist to write about it. SICK action.

I’d really like Brian to lose though. Only cause he seems so boring in that radio interview. “My car was my biggest purchase…” WTF! 8mil + in 2 years and you’re buying a 90k car and have barely traveled. Give it all to Bobby Baldwin or start living it up. I really hope it wakes him up. Its sad to see an obviously smart guy not use his brain or even wanna party like a rockstar. I guess that's how he got good though. Putting on blinders FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand you. He should go broke, just because he doesn't spend several thousands Dollars on Champagne Bottles..........

Sorry but that argument is stupid
Old 06-19-2007, 02:19 PM

Meh...I've always thought of poker as a means to an end. I don't just get playing for the fun of it. I can barely play no money S&G's with my friends.