Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Week 10 Early NCAA Lines

The paradox of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object has been around alot longer than either The Family Guy or Chuck Norris.

Cookie - "This is a wash in reputation only. "

OK. I think I had earlier in the thread even given VT the edge there just by habit, then after I looked into GT's more closely said it was even.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:01 PM

I still don't see GT being able to get any points on the board. VT is giving up under 90 a game on the ground, and GT is coming with a third string freshman HB. Bennett hasn't done much, and the receivers aren't helping at all by dropping way too many balls.

Wheeler or somebody is going to have to force a couple turnovers and get a big return. VT is able to do the same. I just don't have a good feeling about this game.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wish I had the guts to trust my instincts

[/ QUOTE ]

i can never tell if it's intuition or intowishin'.

tlt
Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 PM

Nevada/NMSU Under 68 to win 2 units

I mentioned last week that NMSU would be futile on offense without Chris Williams (injured All-everything WR.) How did they do against that stout Hawaii D? One TD and 13 points. Now QB Chase Holbrook is listed as questionable. NMSU was basically a two-man team and now they're down to half a man. Nevada will score nearly as easily on NMSU as Hawaii did, but the difference is they won't run it up like that, especially on the road.

NMSU has no running game whatsoever. They average less than 100 yds per game. They get over 300 through the air, but keep in mind that Williams had over 100 yds/game. He was the fastest guy on the field and made them fun to watch. Now they still can't run, but they don't have a go-to receiver either. Nevada has the 16th best pass defense. Big trouble for NMSU. Meanwhile Nevada can actually run the ball too. So once they get ahead, which I expect they will, they can grind the clock.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mentioned last week that NMSU would be futile on offense without Chris Williams (injured All-everything WR.) How did they do against that stout Hawaii D? One TD and 13 points. Now QB Chase Holbrook is listed as questionable. NMSU was basically a two-man team and now they're down to half a man. Nevada will score nearly as easily on NMSU as Hawaii did, but the difference is they won't run it up like that, especially on the road.

NMSU has no running game whatsoever. They average less than 100 yds per game. They get over 300 through the air, but keep in mind that Williams had over 100 yds/game. He was the fastest guy on the field and made them fun to watch. Now they still can't run, but they don't have a go-to receiver either. Nevada has the 16th best pass defense. Big trouble for NMSU. Meanwhile Nevada can actually run the ball too. So once they get ahead, which I expect they will, they can grind the clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

on it yo

Do you like Nevada -7 as well?

I guess I hadn't really noticed it, but only scoring 13 against Hawaii is quite an indictment of your offense.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:13 AM

I got Nevada -5 before it moved. If the line move was because Holbrook is really hurt (concussion?) then yes I still like -7. I will be curious to see NMSU's team total as well.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on it yo

Do you like Nevada -7 as well?

I guess I hadn't really noticed it, but only scoring 13 against Hawaii is quite an indictment of your offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

On it too, thanks.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 AM

UNC -2.5 1 Unit
Nebraska/Kansas Under 55 1 Unit
Navy/Notre Dame Under 56 1 Unit
Texas/Oklahoma St Under 61 1 Unit
Wake Forest/Virginia Over 43.5 1 Unit
Troy St/Georgia Under 58.5 1 Unit
Nevada/New Mexico St Under 68 2 Units
Old 10-31-2007, 03:24 AM

Was looking over the lines some more and I don't get how Texas is favored at all at Oklahoma State, let alone by 3 points. Sagarin has OSU 3.5 points better on a neutral field, and while the matchups look favorable for Texas at first glance with their rush defense rated 14th, the only time they faced a good rushing team this year, they gave up 216 rushing yards and 32 points to UCF.

Is this just a case of the names on the jerseys and Texas's national ranking causing them to be overrated or is there a legitimate reason for Texas to be favored here. Some injury or something that I'm missing.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:10 AM

Iggy, 3u says it just about the names on the jerseys.