Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: 4/8: Pocket 10\'s curse or blessing-

[ QUOTE ]
okay babar's angry now.

this isn't a hard concept (unless i totally suck and have just, i dunno, been getting it completely wrong for 3+ years now).

who cares if people 'correctly call the flop?'

gosh this is like one of my larger pet peeves and something that i must approach differently than a lot of people. i don't know why this is seemingly so hard for a lot of people -- so here's the deal - call it the BABAR THEOREM:

build a monster [censored] pot with big hands so the times you don't get sucked out on, you [censored] ship it crucial and win lots of monies. stop trying to play 'pot control' in limit holdem so you lose smaller pots when you get sucked out on.

basically, good/best hand = bet and raise a lot. it's not hard, son.

your opponents are bad and are going to call to draw whether you give them correct odds or not.

i can't understand this unholy fascination with like 'protecting your hand' or 'facing the field with two bets cold' or whatever since it usually involves bungling a hand terribly or missing bets on every street since, as we've established, morons who play live are going to chase anyway.

so just bet and raise your damn hand already.

ugh

grr

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

waiting for the turn vs drunk spewy people sucks ass. Though IMO waiting 1 street has it's merits, in situations like these when live players will call with almost anything, you are costing yourself a [censored]-load