Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

Concerning the busto business: I see newhizzle playing $1k-$2k against iwanturmoney on stars right now with a stack of 160k.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:30 AM

That stack is gone now. I hear that $1k-$2k heads up game is swingy.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:29 PM

I just have some questions about this thread:

First, why would you trust someone you don't know? Even if they are a 'well-known' pro? Just because they're a name player or whatever doesn't mean they're beyond reproach.

Second, why would you turn all your money over to him to manage for you? Especially if it's cash? The whole purpose of having a backer is so you don't have to spend your bankroll on games and tournaments. It didn't make you at all suspicious that even if you were getting backed that you might be getting backed with your own money?

Also, when you felt the situation getting really shady, why the hell did you even stick around? So you lose 12grand, so what?! It's better than something potentially happening to you physically.

It should be obvious that gambling is an industry where it's in everyone's best interest to keep most people at arms length. Unless you're extremely close to that person, you shouldn't be getting too involved with people you don't know and you certainly shouldn't be giving them your money for ANY reason.

I don't wish bad things on people but, assuming any of this thread is true, you pretty much brought it on yourself. Don't confuse this with the "asking for it" comments that I've been reading because that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you should've used more common sense in the situation.
People do make mistakes and this was obviously a large one for you but, when you saw things going awry you should've just bailed.

Note* I didn't read all of the replies to the original thread so I'm sure all of this has been said and asked before and I apologize.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone Happy 2007

Brandi, hope 2007 is a new start for you.
Your performance speaks volumes as to your credability you are clearly a top tourney player

Brandi Hawbaker
Los Angeles, CA
[ Results | Stats | Gallery ]

16-Oct-06 United States $ 10,000 WPT Championship
Festa Al Lago V Poker Tournament, Las Vegas 35th $ 20,875
13-Oct-06 United States $ 1,000 Super Satellite
Festa Al Lago V Poker Tournament, Las Vegas 17th $ 10,500

Try to use what happened in a positive way. Everyone knows you now and just go ahead an win some tourneys, everything will blow over. Look at how far Venessa Williams has come!

Good luck
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2007, 07:11 PM

The last two posts bring up a valid point: READ THE WHOLE THREAD FIRST TO SEE IF YOUR OPINIONS ARE VALID/ORIGINAL.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The last two posts bring up a valid point: READ THE WHOLE THREAD FIRST TO SEE IF YOUR OPINIONS ARE VALID/ORIGINAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am giving my opinion, I also read most of the posts about 15 were good the rest were crap. Clearly her tourney results are real, so its highly palusible that she had $12 grand.
Also the internet account thing, how did she get the password if he did not give her access. Also how many of us have been up winning only to come down hard all in one session?

If you read her replies they make a lot of sense.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am giving my opinion, I also read most of the posts about 15 were good the rest were crap. Clearly her tourney results are real, so its highly palusible that she had $12 grand.
Also the internet account thing, how did she get the password if he did not give her access. Also how many of us have been up winning only to come down hard all in one session?

If you read her replies they make a lot of sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like someone is looking to tap Brandi......

Good Luck Dog, when you need that lawyer for the restraining order PM TT or El Diablo they'll hook you up.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Vinnypoker = Brandirose
Old 01-01-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am giving my opinion, I also read most of the posts about 15 were good the rest were crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly her tourney results are real, so its highly palusible that she had $12 grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her results are real? Real as in they happened or they mean anything? Because only the first half of that is true.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one questions whether he gave her the password. She says he was watching her play. Newhouse (and any one who has any skill in poker) says that's crap.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vinnypoker = Brandirose

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be right on this. How else would vinny know about the password without having read the thread?
Closed Thread