Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Anecdotes on airplanes

[ QUOTE ]
Did your mom know the plane was taxing while she was talking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not initially. She wasn't looking through the phone booth towards the tarmac until it was too late. My dad and I saw everyone boarding we're giving her sugnals to wrap it up and she's giving us the "just a minute [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] " sign.

It was like something out of a bad comedy movie.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Anecdotes on airplanes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dlk9s, where do you live that the cops would come and help move your car? I've never seen that before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they will help move it anytime it is in a dangerous spot and there is someplace easy to push it to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marietta, GA.

And yes, I'm sure it was because it was a dangerous spot to be stalled out. I was second in line at the light at a pretty busy intersection, in the right-most left turn lane (2nd lane from the left overall out of four). It helped that the police were only a minute or two away.

The only feasible way to get me out of there was to get my car through the intersection and into the parking lot across the street. There was no way to get off the street to my left or right, plus there were lanes of traffic on both sides of me. Thus, the police had to stop traffic and get me through.