Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Anecdotes on airplanes

[ QUOTE ]
Inspector: This are bombs
Girl: No, they are candy.
Inspector: How do we know they are candy?
Girl: Well, you can eat it.
Inspector: If I try it might explode in my mouth
Girl: No, it's candy
Inspector: But how do I know it won't explode?
and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did she offer to eat one herself?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was in grade school, my parents and I were flying somewhere. While waiting to board, my mom just had to make a phone call. This was back when payphones were in glass booths. So she's on the phone and my dad and I are reading or something. They board everyone and the plane starts taxing.

All of a sudden we realize our plane is taking off. The phone booth was right by the boarding gate window so my mom drops the phone, runs out and asks the gate people to call the plane back [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did your mom know the plane was taxiing while she was talking?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First time I go home on leave, I wear my Class A uniform (you know, the snazzy, dress-up version) on the plane. The regs say you have to, and I was too much of a newb to realize that nobody would give a crap if I didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sister was in the air force. She was asked not to wear her uniform on flights. She is afraid to fly and screams frequently during the flight. She had to fly on business about once a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is sad and funny at the same time...

[/ QUOTE ]

"screams frequently during the flight" definitely painted some funny pictures. I can't imagine what it must be like for the other passengers.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Inspector: This are bombs
Girl: No, they are candy.
Inspector: How do we know they are candy?
Girl: Well, you can eat it.
Inspector: If I try it might explode in my mouth
Girl: No, it's candy
Inspector: But how do I know it won't explode?
and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did she offer to eat one herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:54 PM

So I'm on a flight from Boston to LA. And the pilot gives us the weather and ETA over the loudspeaker. But he leaves the speaker on and starts talking to the co-pilot. We all hear him say, "all I need is a hot coffee and a blo w job". Hearing this, the flight attendant by the kitchen runs past my row to alert the captain. Then guy on my left yells out "hey, don't forget the coffee"

-Good Will Hunting
Old 10-19-2007, 06:35 PM

Two summers ago, my wife and I bought our first house. I was heading out to Vegas for the WSOP, but a few hours before my flight, I needed to wait at the new house (we had not moved in yet) to receive delivery of a refrigerator.

After the delivery window had come and gone, I remained patient, as I still had a little bit of a buffer before I had to get back to my townhouse, finish packing, and head to the airport. More time elapsed and I called the store - turned out that the delivery men were on the wrong side of town. I told them that we'd have to reschedule.

At this point, I was still ok on time, but I couldn't dawdle. I hopped in the car with my wife to make the 10 minute drive home. As we were waiting at the traffic light nearest the new house, my car completely shut down. I couldn't turn anything back on.

So here I was, two cars from a semi-major intersection, needing to get my bags and get to the airport, and I'm stuck. I called AAA while my wife called the police. Fortunately, the police station was very close, and two officers were there within just a couple minutes. One cleared the intersection while the other pushed my car with his patrol car through the intersection and into a Walgreens parking lot (I was barely able to steer, so even this wasn't easy).

Realizing it might take a while for AAA to get to me, we called a neighbor to see if she could rescue me. She got there right before the tow truck did and we rushed home so I could throw together the last of my baggage and speed off to the airport. My wife stayed with the tow truck.

I ended up getting to the baggage counter 2 minutes before they closed the flight.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:49 PM

I was on a flight from Vegas to Miami and the plane was completely full. I was sitting in coach in the middle seat squeezed between two women who were extremely overweight. So I am somewhat unhappy before even taking off. While the plane is still gaining altitude, I become aware of a noxious odor and look around to see where it is coming from, and notice that the woman to my left is retching into her barf bag and it is overflowing, some of it onto my leg. This is the beginning of a 4 1/2 hour flight during which she would later throw up again, and there was nowhere to go. All I could do was clean up as best I could in the bathroom and resign myself to the situation for the remainder of the flight.

Since that flight I only fly first class.

On another flight we were circling to come into Atlanta in a tight turn, so the left wing was almost vertical. We suddenly hit a downdraft and the airplane dropped like a rock. This was not at high altitude where you figure there is plenty of time to correct, but the pilot did get it under control. Funny that I don't recall people screaming -- to the contrary, everyone was apparently so shaken up that there was dead silence until we finally landed.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:30 PM

Dlk9s, where do you live that the cops would come and help move your car? I've never seen that before.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dlk9s, where do you live that the cops would come and help move your car? I've never seen that before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they will help move it anytime it is in a dangerous spot and there is someplace easy to push it to.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm on a flight from Boston to LA. And the pilot gives us the weather and ETA over the loudspeaker. But he leaves the speaker on and starts talking to the co-pilot. We all hear him say, "all I need is a hot coffee and a blo w job". Hearing this, the flight attendant by the kitchen runs past my row to alert the captain. Then guy on my left yells out "hey, don't forget the coffee"

-Good Will Hunting

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome