Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Bet this River or let it lie?

No read on Villain

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero........
Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Bet this River or let it lie?

bet/fold
Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM

Heads up I agree, but against 2 I think I check/call (or fold)
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

if both guys really suck

which is generally true at that level

i can check fold this in a lot of spots though
Old 09-12-2007, 08:48 PM

Check/call one bet i would think is the best line.
but i'd feel check/fold isn't terrible either (though enough to make me want to punch small children and middle sized animals.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
though enough to make me want to punch small children and middle sized animals.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really funny. Another way you could've played this hand is just call pre-flop, not for the sake of disguising your hand, but for pot size management. In small stakes hold'em, they talk a lot about waiting for the next street to raise in order to have your opponent make a bigger mistake by calling a relatively larger bet. all the while saving yourself bets if you have to fold. you let the big blind in by doing this, but he's probably coming in anyway, so just call PF, then either bet out on the flop if you anticipate a raise from early position or c/r the flop if you anticipate a bet from late position. be stingy and charge a horrible price...it's true the pot can never be as big if you play the hand this way, but the EV should be higher. maybe it's different in a SH game, but it sounds right to me anyway. also by checkraising/betting into a smaller pot, the chances of eliminating a backdoor draw are much higher, and nobody like getting backdoored... right?