Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 10:26 PM

Default TT vs. Overcards

Reads:

BB is Laggy Maniac 55/22/4.5
MP2 is Typical Fish 44/0/0.58 and goes to showdown nearly 1/2 the time

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero.............
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: TT vs. Overcards

Hero checks and hopes for K on the river. I'm folding to river bet UI. I like the flop c-bet as a semi-bluff and free card play, but checking behind is better. I think your tens are toast on this board in a 4-way pot.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:38 PM

With such a big flop, I would check behind on the flop and check/fold UI on the turn.

As played, check behind on the turn and check/fold UI on river.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 PM

I'd play the same way, check the turn, my bet on the flop was to give me a free card on the turn, fold to river bet
Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 PM

take your free card and move on
Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 PM

Grunch

I don't think I bet this flop. It's just too likely to have hit one of the limpers. And given their stats, you're probably not going to chase any out with your bet.

As played, check turn for sure. At least one of the callers has you beat here and a free card can help more often than it will hurt.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 PM

I don't mind betting the flop, though I would had you not raised preflop. Once the turn comes there is such a small chance that a) you are ahead, or b) you can get a better hand to fold that I think checking behind the turn is the best course of action
Old 08-04-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind betting the flop, though I would had you not raised preflop. Once the turn comes there is such a small chance that a) you are ahead, or b) you can get a better hand to fold that I think checking behind the turn is the best course of action

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you not raise preflop, though? Just calling with TT is a huge mistake, so it's essential to raise this up before the flop comes.

I like the OP's line. Betting on the flop can buy us a very needed free card a lot on the turn.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:39 AM

I don't know why you wouldn't raise preflop. I'm just saying hypothetically had he not, his bet on the flop would have been much less likely to succeed, thus making checking the flop the better choice, whereas because he did, correctly in my view, raise preflop, he has a marginally better chance to take it down with a flop bet, having already been the aggressor, plus the added benefit as people have mentioned of a possible free card on the turn. Bringing it up was probably foolish of me, as it seems to confuse the issue
Old 08-04-2007, 04:27 AM

GLKST526 - I am confused, do you think raising PF is correct play or not?

I think it is, then I would take all the free cards I can after that.