Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 02:05 PM

Default 2/4 whats going on in this hand? TT in 3-bet pot

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $88.30
Hero (BB): $422.00
UTG: $124.60
MP: $406.80
CO: $231.00
BTN: $387.00

Reads: <font color="blue">I'm on multiple tables with villain and i just 3-bet his CO raise on the button a minute ago and he folded. I only have like 30 hands on him after which he's 24/14 or something like that.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $14.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48.00</font>, MP calls $34.00

Flop: ($98) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $73.00</font>, MP calls $73.00

Turn: ($244) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($244) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets all-in for $285.80</font>
Old 06-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 2/4 whats going on in this hand? TT in 3-bet pot

This is QQ-AA almost always.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:58 PM

I'd fold this on the river. I think if he called with 99, 88 etc he's checking behind on river. I like the way you played the hand until this point. My question is, are you calling the turn if he shoves? I hate spots like that, and I'm not really sure what I'd do.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:20 PM

Wow, very few hands make sense here given he checked behind on the turn. For hands that beat you I can only really see QQ and 77, but for hands that you beat I can only give him AcXc that floated the flop and checked behind the turn because it picked up outs. No other hand really makes sense, although with only 30 hands of history he could just be playing the hand strangly. Still, I think a fold is in order.

Actually, now that I think about it, AK is not that unreasonable for some players, but those same players could also show up with AQ. I still fold.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold this on the river. I think if he called with 99, 88 etc he's checking behind on river. I like the way you played the hand until this point. My question is, are you calling the turn if he shoves? I hate spots like that, and I'm not really sure what I'd do.

[/ QUOTE ]

i planned on calling c/rsng the turn all in. I dunno it's like people are always calling your 3-bets and then floating/raising a lot of flops. It's like they just naturally assume that you have a very wide 3-betting range. I dunno i might be wrong here but it's just my impression.

I might fold the turn if he bets sometimes but given the fact that I just 3-bet him I don't think I woulda been able to.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i planned on calling c/rsng the turn all in. I dunno it's like people are always calling your 3-bets and then floating/raising a lot of flops. It's like they just naturally assume that you have a very wide 3-betting range. I dunno i might be wrong here but it's just my impression.

I might fold the turn if he bets sometimes but given the fact that I just 3-bet him I don't think I woulda been able to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think I agree with you. With the line he took, he think he flopped trips.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:29 PM

Looks like a very easy fold.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:20 PM

i guess i fold but something about his line smells like AK. i have a hard time putting him on aa-kk as most times he rr preflop &amp; definately raises flop with either of these hands &amp; if he had queens he would make a value bet on river rather than just shove unless hes really trying to b tricky &amp; hopes ull think his shove is a bluff &amp; u call with TT-AA. i could easily put him on JJ, 99 or AK. as for trips, dont think he calls pf rr with a 7 unless its pocket 7s in that case nh villian!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:53 PM

ran hand on poker stove, if u put villian on 99, JJ+,&amp; AK.. ur just better than 51% equity on the river, but through AQ into his range &amp; ur down to 40% equity. even if u narrow his range to just QQ+ &amp; AK ur still 51% equity on river which doesnt seem right given QQ+ all have u crushed, looking over the hh again i feel its either a bluff with ak, or he slowplayed aces so next time this situation comes up, close ur eyes, tell ur self hes bluffing &amp; click the button that says CALL while envisioning AK on the other side of those snazzy ftp cards he holds in front of his frankenstein wanna-be avatar or be safe, tell ur self "no way hes bluffing, too much to call, if hes bluffing i will make him pay later" &amp; fold.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Fold the river. The "I put him on AK" line is one of a donk's favorites. Against his range, sure, that's the only hand you beat. Everything else is taking you to town.