Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Transition from donkaments to cash games

I would like to make the change over from SNGs and MTTs to cash games. I have messed around at medium stakes, but have never had consistent success. Needless to say, my tournament skills are much better as i hover around 20% ROI on SNGs at about 800 games.

But i detest donkaments. Especially lately as i have been on a brutal downswing. Losing hands over and over where im at 75-80% chance to win when the money goes in. The last straw was recently after 4 hours into a MTT with a buy in that was slightly above my bankroll management set max. Bubble action, i was around the chip average, complete donk moves all in UTG (also at the average chip amount) and folds around to me in the SB. I call with KK and get sent to the rail by his T6s, he later ran his mouth, asking how i could have only called with one pair...but i digress...

So my question is what is the major thing i need to work on to change my game to do well in cash games. I know there are some 2+2 NL cash game books in the works that i am eagerly awaiting, but until then, any tips?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Transition from donkaments to cash games

I doubt you are going to get much response from the hsnl crowd. My advice would be to read the sticky at the top of the small stakes nl forum, there is a lot of good archived posts for a beginning cash player. Otherwise, make sure to start at a comfortable level for your bankroll, get pt and pokerace hud if you don't already, and post hands and respond to hands to learn.