Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Pocket nines

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. amirite!

I'm not one to just make a "zomg you sux" post, so, to OP, you must bet the flop because otherwise you are giving free cards to worse hands, particularly on this "draw heavy" board. I say "draw heavy" because i'ts not super bad, but any King, Jack, Ten or Eight will complete a straight. So thats about 1/3 of the deck. Even if they don't complete a straight, they will certainly give someone a redraw of some kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response, 00Snitch... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2007, 12:24 AM

Raise it preflop. If Villains are Loose as you say, then you are usually holding a better hand then they are. Additionally, it might buy you the button when you would otherwise have more limpers behind you.

Holy crap. Bet the flop. I do not understand this at all. You just hit a monster and you are last to act. Make them pay you. Not trying to be sarcastic, but man, that's not good. The field is large and someone is probably drawing to a straight. Don't let them suck out for free.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise it preflop. If Villains are Loose as you say, then you are usually holding a better hand then they are. Additionally, it might buy you the button when you would otherwise have more limpers behind you.

Holy crap. Bet the flop. I do not understand this at all. You just hit a monster and you are last to act. Make them pay you. Not trying to be sarcastic, but man, that's not good. The field is large and someone is probably drawing to a straight. Don't let them suck out for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice. That's what I'm doing from now on. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remy wrote:

"An overcard to your nines will flop 78% of the time. And all of them are in the range of LAG limpers."

This is why I was hesitant to raise pre-flop, in mid position, not knowing whether or not any of the other remaining players had a better starting hand. I would, without a doubt, have raised this in late position, if there weren't any other raisers. If there were other raisers before me and I was in late position, I would just call to see the flop, if I respected the raisers. However, as Kerowo points out, there is at least one author that advocates raising 9,9 preflop from any position, as part of a beginning strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact that an overcard to 99 is going to flop so often is one reason why I like a raise if we can get it shorthanded. If the other players are LAGs, I'd rather raise with the best hand preflop, to get a situation like a K84 flop, c-bet and take it down, or c-bet, get a call, turn a Q, bet, and then take a free showodwn. What I don't want is to limp behind, get the same flop and be put in a tough spot with possibly the best hand if someone now leads into me. If overcards are going to flop, I'd prefer that I can use them as cards that I can represent to get opponents to fold as opposed to cards my opponents can represent to get me to fold the best hand.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or should i say...

[/ QUOTE ]
FYG.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYFYG
Old 07-22-2007, 07:52 PM

lolol <3