Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 02:35 PM

Default $50: Trips....But do you raise or call?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($50)
Button ($28.23)
SB ($58.35)
BB ($50.50)
UTG ($42.95)
MP ($101.45)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB folds, BB calls $4.

Turn: ($16) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($18) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>

Thought the turn is a interesting spot.

Raise or call seem to be the options, question is - Which one really is optimal?

To hinder the choice even more, we have no real info or betting patterns on the opponent.

Over 44 hands the opponent has the following stats:
56/40/2

If we raise whats the plan for all the results of that play.
If we call, same applys.

Thoughts on best option and why [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: $50: Trips....But do you raise or call?

preflop im either raising or foldin. not limping.

on the flop im raising more. board is rather drawy and i dont want him drawing cheaply wut so ever. i prolly make it 8ish on the flop.

turn call is fine as played.

as played i think i call the river bet. if u r aching to raise it better b a smaller one. like to 9 or sumtin. but i hate that idea cuz if he shoves i think we have to fold and i want to get to showdown here with such a drawy board and no real reads. the reason i favor a call more so is i think he was drawing and thus either hit his draw or missed it. so he is either bluffin this river or has a bad ass hand and is makin a super small vbet tryin to induce a bluff. so if we raise he is foldin all tha hands we beat and shovin or w/e with hands that beat us. this is obv not 100% right but i think that is a majority of his range
Old 04-27-2007, 03:42 PM

I woulda raised big on the turn (3 times pot): both for value and to protect against possible flush.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Kaz - I agree with latter of what you said.

Preflop i'll explain - I limped in short because i had to adjust to the loose button(Calls alot pre and post flop) but is bad. Since this is the case, folding is wrong and so is raising - Hence the limp.

Why do you not like limping with limper?

Turn really is the tough spot, Do we raise to protect from flush draws? is he betting to induce a raise? If we raise do we fold any better trips? Any worse trips?

I thought the answers were: No, Maybe, No, Possibly. Which in short seemed -EV to raise.

On the river, i called yet think its -EV but just had to see what he donks turn with so small.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:48 PM

He's letting you see SD for cheap. Your hand still has some value so i call his 1 dollar bet into the 16 dollar pot (looks like he wants you to raise?) and then call his 4 into 18.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kaz - I agree with latter of what you said.

Preflop i'll explain - I limped in short because i had to adjust to the loose button(Calls alot pre and post flop) but is bad. Since this is the case, folding is wrong and so is raising - Hence the limp.

Why do you not like limping with limper?

Turn really is the tough spot, Do we raise to protect from flush draws? is he betting to induce a raise? If we raise do we fold any better trips? Any worse trips?

I thought the answers were: No, Maybe, No, Possibly. Which in short seemed -EV to raise.

On the river, i called yet think its -EV but just had to see what he donks turn with so small.

[/ QUOTE ]
that reason makes tha limp ok i guess. i still like to either raise or fold with hands like these against early position open limpers but blah preflop is prefrence so idc. as long as u r thinkin that is fine.

as for the turn a second line u could consider is to raise fold tha turn with the intention of folding to a shove and also not plan on puttin much more in the pot (except like a super small river bet that is givin u good odds obv)