Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Big Hand between two monster stacks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling this is a thinly veiled BBV post

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't consider it a BBV post because I wanted a discussion on whether my decision was correct or not.
I can see plenty of arguments on just calling the turn.
I wanted to hear if people thought my reraise all in was a correct play.
The mini-raise makes it a little less likely that he has KQ or AQ, since he would probably shove it in right there.
The mini-raise might indicate extra strength (three of a kind or catching a straight). Or it might be a bluff raise with a flush draw or str8 and flush draw.

I don't really feel like I got a bad beat. I feel like I might have made a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Just seemed like a bad beat post to me, thats all.

Please note, I'm making this post having absolutely no clue what any of the suits are. Damn filters.

Preflop: You could probably just fold, but raising is defensible. At the very least it's not a huge mistake.

Flop: Have you been c-betting? If so, bet this, it covers up your other c-bets where you whiffed.

Turn: Your original bet is fine as a probe given how you've played it thus far. Villian played this like he had a made hand on the flop, set/straight/top pair, maybe a draw (again, I can't see suits). I'd like to say I'd find a fold here, but I'm not sure if I can get off of top two. You could call the minraise to try and keep the pot small, but I don't think is going to work well OOP. Nevertheless, I think just calling that bet is probably the best crappy play out of a whole series of crappy plays.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Big Hand between two monster stacks.

[ QUOTE ]
Please note, I'm making this post having absolutely no clue what any of the suits are. Damn filters.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop was rainbow and the turn put a second club out there.

I agree that the pre-flop raise might have been a mistake, specially considering I was in early position.

The check on the flop was probably a mistake if they watch me play often, but since they had no image on me (I had played one or two hands in that table), then the check doesn't seem so much as a mistake. I guess betting would have given me more information on his strength than just checking.

Turn, I agree that I probably could not lay down top two pair.