Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Suggestions for HS party

If these HS kids are like most and desperate for parties to find, and you let the word spread, you WILL have tons of people showing up to your house.

Either you let them in and things get out of hand or you're really strict at the door and lots of people are angry/offended which could also possibly lead to more problems.

I'm not saying that this will definitely happen, but in my hometown I would never try to throw a party of that size because it just won't work. Just a word of warning so you can prepare for this
Old 07-18-2006, 12:48 AM

the stealing thing worries me.

The valuables are all in the bedrooms, but we don't have locks. I will make sure none of the other computers have emails logged in or passwords saved or anything, but I always keep a few thousand cash hidden in my room and have a [censored] of money on my online poker accounts. I don't think this will be a problem and people don't know this (although its well known that I am a successful poker player), but its always a liability.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:48 AM

Why would you want to throw a party at your parents nice house? Didnt you see the way it ended in every single movie?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the stealing thing worries me.

The valuables are all in the bedrooms, but we don't have locks. I will make sure none of the other computers have emails logged in or passwords saved or anything, but I always keep a few thousand cash hidden in my room and have a [censored] of money on my online poker accounts. I don't think this will be a problem and people don't know this (although its well known that I am a successful poker player), but its always a liability.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting worse and worse.

You really, really need to figure out something to do about that cash. Give it to one of your friends to keep or something. But you absolutely should not have it in an unlocked room at a big HS party, especially if people know that you make money playing poker, otherwise I think it's a near lock that somebody will steal it (or try, and that's not a scene you want either.)

This is a bad idea, unless you keep it to a smaller number of people. Word will spread, then the wrong element will start showing up, and if you dont let them in, they'll either break stuff, steal stuff, or call the cops. Keep it small, more on the 15 end, and make sure it is at least 1 more girl than guy.

Having more than 6 people in your place almost never ends well.

I went to a party at soem friends' apartment on Friday night. Almost the whole crowd was people from our class (going to be seniors in college) and it looked like it was going to be hell the next day. I left at like 1 when it was still going pretty strong and there was already a ton of spilled drinks in the house and broken bottles and stuff on the roof. It was a good time, but I wouldn't want to be the one that had to deal with it the next day.

That being said, start hiding anything that's expensive or fragile.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:51 AM

Does it necessarily have to be at your house? I'm not too familiar with hotel parties, but that seems like a reasonable option to avoid the possibility of stuff getting stolen.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:52 AM

Jeff, will your parents care if the cops are called to her house? I don't like the idea of you throwing a party. It seems like you haven't been to many and are genuinely confused as to what they entail.

Let me break down the possible happenings, which are all very likely:

-people will get drunk, this is a definite, and this is never good
-something will get broken or stolen
-people will fight, breaking [censored] in the process
-the cops will be called, depending on a number of factors, MIP/MICs will usually be issued
-you will have lots to clean up
-a [censored] load of people will show up regardless, i dont think you understand how fast word travels about parties

And you saying that your friends convinced you to throw the party sounds like weaksauce. Throw it at their house, don't cater to other people's wants when you stand to get [censored] over by it.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:53 AM

Yeah, I agree MEBen, you shouldnt have alcohol at the party. Use a different theme like Arts and Crafts. It will be cheaper. Just go to Arts store and buy alot of Elmers glue and construction paper. Then get some books from the Elementry School Library and you can teach everyone something new!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:54 AM

Anton,

I know almost all of the people that will be coming.

Eleventy,

I hope this will be the case and made sure to invite many more girls than guys, but its a crapshoot.

Mebenhoe,

I think that the alcohol is kind of important for getting the girls to come. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that even if they don't drink much the whole grown up party with drinks thing is kind of alluring.

KKF,

its a pretty standard house.

However, after reading these few responses, I think that I will make sure that my friends don't invite anyone other than the best girls we can get and people I know well. Making some calls now related to that... I now realize that having a small party that isn't very sucessful or breaks up is way better than risking the police coming or people coming uninvited.

ughhh.