Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: \"the truth about religion\" video

i was just in egypt. all that [censored] about horus is just speculation. very little is known about anything, the evidence is so fragmentary.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 PM

i thought the three kings(orions belt) following the north star to get to the sun(son) parellel was interesting. It would have to take some observant/creative/intelligent people to create a story from that though. But then again, what did people watch when they didnt have tv?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought the three kings(orions belt) following the north star to get to the sun(son) parellel was interesting. It would have to take some observant/creative/intelligent people to create a story from that though. But then again, what did people watch when they didnt have tv?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's pretty cool, and the bit about the sun being over the crux at the winter solstice is cool too.

However the general thesis, that Jesus is a direct copy of Horus and only one among many 'solar messiahs' isn't true, based on the research I've done.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:37 AM

The 3rd video's simplistic depiction of Satan as a little red horned pitchforked devil bothered me. It seemed like a subliminal message to make people see the devil as some kind of a joke. Most Christians know that Lucifer was the most beautiful of angels. Maybe the red horned devil idea came into the world with the Codex Gigas.

Wikipedia says this about the Codex Gigas:

The Codex Gigas (English: Giant Book) is the largest extant medieval manuscript in the world[1]. It was created in the early 13th century in the Benedictine monastery of Podlažice in Bohemia, and is now preserved at the Swedish Royal Library in Stockholm[2], where two librarians are needed to lift it. It is also known as the Devil's Bible due to a large illustration of the devil on the inside.

1 Samuel 16:7 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)
Eugene H. Peterson

7 But God told Samuel, "Looks aren't everything. Don't be impressed with his looks and stature. I've already eliminated him. God judges persons differently than humans do. Men and women look at the face; God looks into the heart."