Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Am I just being bullied here?

One problem with AT this late in an MTT is that villains' calling and raising ranges are way ahead of AT, especially when you raise it from EP because that makes (should make) their ranges even tighter.

Early in the MTT, where their ranges might be looser, I might consider raising this.

Basically, raising this from EP with your stack size this late in the MTT is equivalent to a steal. You might as well have 72o IMO.

Edit: By late in the MTT I mean your M is low. Not that the MTT has gone on for a while.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:38 PM

shermn,
AT is a bad raise but it doesn't = 27 here. When you get called or shoved on by short stacks AT has way more value.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shermn,
AT is a bad raise but it doesn't = 27 here. When you get called or shoved on by short stacks AT has way more value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh...You're right. But the point still stands. Calling and raising ranges are way ahead of hero's hand here. We'd prefer it if everyone folded. We might as well be stealing.

Edit: I guess what I am saying is that I would rather be raising a hand like T9s here. It is more playable against ranges that call us and an easier fold if we are re-raised.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:21 PM

I can't see over the long run playing A10os this way with these stack sizes being profitable.

I think if I was going to steal here I would try to set up a stop-n-go on the flop. Say raise 500 push any flop. But you cant do that with any two.

I think it would go for me Fold, Raise to 500 that is the only two options that I would have and leaning about 85% to fold.