Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Pros chat

[ QUOTE ]
Is this right?

[/ QUOTE ]
You pansy-ass railbird trollers are like a turd in the punchbowl. You disgust all who come in contact with you.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Observer chat with the pros is supposed to be for asking questions and learning. Howard Lederer is the one who told me about TOP which is how I learned about 2+2. This was, of course, wrapped around the harangue and mindless "Hi Howard" stuff they deal with.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since when are there certain standards of behavior by being a "pro" poker player? Last time I checked they are at work and don't need bother with idiot railbirds. If he feels like you bothered him at his place of work he has a right to have support take care of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
well said.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:10 PM

quiet lion is weird. when i played him he asked me my name and stuff and i got creeped out. seriously.

though i did ask him about ms word and what he thought of vista, which he did not comment on.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:55 PM

-- our pros are very high profile on our site
++ there are limits to how far anyone can go in what they can say, see e.g. Mike Matusow who can say about anything and it's around acceptable because he is the Mike. While when the pro is on tilt and you start [censored] with him....
-- Quiet Lion (a pro at FT) playing at a heads up table when he lost a hand he would type in LOL just about every time.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:06 PM

Why would anyone play there? I don't care to be part of their elitist club where they make all the rules.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Someone ever calling Quiet Lion a pro is a major beat
Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 PM

Exactly, it's insane to hold the amateurs to a higher standard of conduct than the "professionals" themselves.

The pros that receive custom avatars on FTP are there to partially act as ambassadors, not to be total ***wipes.

In addition to donking off tens of thousands of dollars, I've seen Matusow be straight up vulgar with players and then turn around and threaten the other player with chat revocation? (Do the pros on FTP have the admin privledges that allow them to revoke someone's chat on the spot?)

Reading the chat, it appears that elvis57 was merely suggesting that Quiet Lion could be a little nicer rather than a jerk to his opponent. elvis57 did this in a joking way. Quiet Lion turns it personal and insulting by calling elvis57 a "moron" and "how dare you speak to me" attitude.

And what kind of panty-waste calls someone a moron and then reports them for less offensive chat and/or revokes that person's chat by themself? I got a better idea than elvis57's. This lamer should call himself Cowardly Lion.

The fact that Quiet Lion is a pro and the fact that he is seated rather than speaking from the railing doesn't justify his more blatant and offensive abuse of chat.

Also, a true pro would have a thicker skin than this .. this idiot LOL's after every hand he loses and messes his pants when someone calls him rude? What a weak little ****wad.

This appears to be the lamest excuse for chat revocation in the history of online poker. "Dear elvis57, our pro's here have very delicate feelings. Chat and hot water burn baby! We must revoke your chat."

Ironic that FTP requires professionalism from the amateurs and a lower standard of conduct from the professionals.

the shape
Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 PM

Oh and I didn't want any confusion. Most of the pro's there are great to hang out with at a table.

In particular, Howard Lederer. Jennifer Harmon, and John Juanda.

the shape
Old 02-22-2007, 08:36 PM

i'm going to guess that he was either

a) piss-drunk
or
b) letting someone else play on his account.

he's been a class act every time i've played with him. and he's definitely no pro.