Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: More Joe Biden racial views

[ QUOTE ]

I would argue that thinking you're better than another person b/c of racial factors is not okay (although I hate this word here), even if you don't act on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't control what you think. You can control
what you do.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would argue that thinking you're better than another person b/c of racial factors is not okay (although I hate this word here), even if you don't act on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't control what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can. That's the whole point of education, self-learning, and consciously trying to grow as a person.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can. That's the whole point of education, self-learning, and consciously trying to grow as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's called brainwashing.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's called brainwashing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always called it "reading".
Old 10-26-2007, 10:31 AM

Default I Like Joe Biden....

I like Joe Biden...
I can't stand his politics but I find his gaffe's endearing. The last racial gaffe was that Obama was the first clean and articulate blalk man. lol...

This is the second Joe Biden racial foot-in-mouth comment that he has made. While the press rakes George Allen over the coals for for saying macaca day-and-night for two months, Joe Biden will get the usually soft glove treatment by the sympathetic mainstream press.... And I don't mind in his case....

But these gaffe's that would have ended a political career of a Republican, will just be a speed bump for this Dem senator...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: I Like Joe Biden....

[ QUOTE ]
I like Joe Biden...
I can't stand his politics but I find his gaffe's endearing. The last racial gaffe was that Obama was the first clean and articulate blalk man. lol...

This is the second Joe Biden racial foot-in-mouth comment that he has made. While the press rakes George Allen over the coals for for saying macaca day-and-night for two months, Joe Biden will get the usually soft glove treatment by the sympathetic mainstream press.... And I don't mind in his case....

But these gaffe's that would have ended a political career of a Republican, will just be a speed bump for this Dem senator...

[/ QUOTE ]

Biden was skewered for his Obama comment on every major news site I saw. And he's currently polling at about 2-3% in the Dem race. What do you think should happen to him? Draw and quartered for a dumb comment? I love when the anti-PC patrol always scream for PC justice whenever they have an opportunity. Oh, and you're either intellectually dishonest or plain ignorant if you think the type of comment made by Biden would end any prominent Republican's career. Spare us Trent Lott -- he didn't make a dumb comment, he claimed to fully support a dumb ideology (Thurmond's presidential campaign with racial segregation as a cornerstone, which drew no criticism from Lott until he began backpedaling).
Old 10-26-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and you're either intellectually dishonest or plain ignorant if you think the type of comment made by Biden would end any prominent Republican's career.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh? Dishonest? Ignorant?
How convenient it must be to say that anyone with a different opinion from yours must be dishonest or ignorant. It certainy simplifies debates with others with different opinions..... My I ask what are your qualifications to pass judgement over who is intellectually dishonest and who is ignorant? It must make debating others very simple because you can ignore any rebuttals from them with a simple wave of the hand accusing them of being "dishonest or ignorant".

I must say I'm VERY IMPRESSED with your intellect. Yes...REALLY! I'm NOT being sarcastic! I REALLY mean it! When I say you are one of the smartest, wittiest, and intellectually 2+2 posters....I'm NOT mocking you. Yes....Really. I REALLY mean it. I'm quite impressed by your intelligence..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Biden was skewered for his Obama comment on every major news site I saw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Biasness by the mainstream press is demonstrated in many ways. Length of time devoted to a story is the most common method. Biden will be skewered for about a week and the press will let the story die. Like I said, I like Joe Biden so I don't mind so much in his case.

Examples of press bianess:
a. Spending 5+ years covering George Bush's national guard service. I would argue a Dem with similiar background might get 1-week of coverage at best. The forged MS word documents on fax paper was a nice touch.

b. George Allen being skewered for 2 full months over the macaca comment. Jim Webb basically was getting free campaign commerials from the drive-by media from this silly word. And despite this press intervention, Webb barely beat George Allen....

c. 500 Chemical/bio weapons rounds found in Iraq. This was covered for about two days in the main stream press. Most 2+2 posters in this forum probably never heard of this...

and there are many more examples......
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a. Spending 5+ years covering George Bush's national guard service.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the MSM has spent the last 5 years continuously talking about this story. Whatever.

[ QUOTE ]
b. George Allen being skewered for 2 full months over the macaca comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what this refers to, so I highly doubt I missed the news for 2 full months.

[ QUOTE ]
c. 500 Chemical/bio weapons rounds found in Iraq. This was covered for about two days in the main stream press.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a non-story as the rounds were not operational, not usable, and obsolete. It was covered with the appropriate amount of coverage as these rounds were no threat to the United States which was the justification for finding WMDs.

Based on these examples, you've proved that you are BOTH intellectually dishonest and ignorant. Well done.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you've proved that you are BOTH intellectually dishonest and ignorant

[/ QUOTE ]
My fault for trying to engage you at an intellectual level by providing examples supporting my arguments. I won't make this mistake again. As the saying goes, never wrestle with a pig. People watching may not be able to tell the difference between the two of you.....

I'm leaving you sole control of the mudpit.
Enjoy your empire....
Old 10-26-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except that's not what Biden said. Removing the extraneous "Iowa has less blacks than DC" part, this is what he actually said:

[ QUOTE ]
There's less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American...it goes back to what you start off with, what you're dealing with."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not merely "blacks are less able to afford good education". It's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

These campaigns are 24/7. It's just not possible to speak that often without putting your foot in your mouth.
If every candidate were required to clarify every statement, nothing would ever be said. It would take forever to explain any position.
We should cut these candidates some slack.