Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 07:19 AM

Default flop a set but it don\'t look too good

i have a tight tag image. SB is 19/15/3 regular tag and button is 53/30 donkey...

i called with TT to change it up and i hate having the donkey call with K5, flop a K and win a decent pot from me. also we're deep.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $1,325.00
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $2,530.75</font>
UTG: $1,076.25
MP: $1,082.00
CO: $1,502.00
BTN: $5,789.67

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $30.00</font>, SB calls $25.00, Hero calls $20.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($90) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $75.00</font>, BTN calls $75.00, <font color="red">SB raises to $300.00</font>, Hero calls $225.00, BTN calls $225.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($990) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $995.00</font>, [i]Hero
Old 06-10-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: flop a set but it don\'t look too good

hmm I don't think it makes much sense to call a flop raise and fold to a total blank on turn. You must have somekind of a plan bby just calling, otherwise I'd prefer a flop shove instead.

a 19/15 is most definately reraising JJ pre here, so really we are afraid of only the KQ IMO. That hand however is also fairly likely given the way the hand is played out tho.

I can't make myself fold here.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:38 AM

you are worried about exactly KQ?

I think it's more likely villain has A-xh, or JT, or even AT / AJ, the 7 sucks as it improves 89, but i mean unless he has 89h i dont really seem him making this play and when he hitsa monster on the turn that doesn't care about giving free cards why pot it?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm I don't think it makes much sense to call a flop raise and fold to a total blank on turn. You must have somekind of a plan bby just calling, otherwise I'd prefer a flop shove instead.

a 19/15 is most definately reraising JJ pre here, so really we are afraid of only the KQ IMO. That hand however is also fairly likely given the way the hand is played out tho.

I can't make myself fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he calls the flop he encourages the donk to continue with a weak hand
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are worried about exactly KQ?

I think it's more likely villain has A-xh, or JT, or even AT / AJ, the 7 sucks as it improves 89, but i mean unless he has 89h i dont really seem him making this play and when he hitsa monster on the turn that doesn't care about giving free cards why pot it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - with no reraise preflop their hand range here is pretty wide. I call as played.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:51 AM

out of interest - how do u guys play AT in the SB's position here?

I mean if you lead then u call a shove or not depending on player/reads...
but if u c/r the flop, surely u slow down when u get called twice?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:04 PM

i call and am okay with it, but he can show up with KQ here.

I think he has AT AJ muc much more often, and maybeee Q9hh soemtimes. if eh has KQ good for him, were not folding.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
button is 53/30 donkey...

i called with TT to change it up and i hate having the donkey call with K5, flop a K and win a decent pot from me. also we're deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't read any reasons here to call TT in this spot. "Hating" a bad result is not a reason to play sub-optimally. I hate getting all in with AA vs KQ only to lose to a one card flush, but I do it anyway.

As played pre, I re-pop the flop raise big, but if I'm calling the flop it is specifically to get gleefully all in on this turn.

To all the people advocating calling the turn bet (as opposed to pushing), BTN is going to be getting 3:1, with about 1200 behind in implieds, a lot of dangerous cards, and a Hero who is pretty much pot commited on the river. Pushing the turn seems so damn easy vs this donk compared to the crappy river decision that might face us.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:47 PM

The way I see this hand is how do we get the fish behind us to stack off? I'm less worried about losing a bi to SB who might have KQ or top set.