Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

Fire the guy who made Ad #1. I am almost embarrassed to be a RP supporter if that ad shows up on tv.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:04 AM

I think RP really needs to get on Oprah and the View, and do everything possible to get his message out to more women. His supporters appear to be 81% male. That's the price he pays for being so hard-headed on abortion.

Maybe Borowife can do something about it...
Old 10-30-2007, 02:07 AM

What's wrong with his stance on abortion? I think it's the perfect stance for a politician runnning for Federal office. Personally agin it, but it isn't the Federal government's place to legislate it. Win-win. Unbeatable imo.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with his stance on abortion? I think it's the perfect stance for a politician runnning for Federal office. Personally agin it, but it isn't the Federal government's place to legislate it. Win-win. Unbeatable imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because, sadly, the feminist crowd not only wants the Federal government to prevent states from having abortion laws, but many are one issue voters.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:17 AM

Well that's what you get for letting chicks vote yo.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Ron Paul correct that mistake, too? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Ron Paul correct that mistake, too? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, I don't think that's part of his platform. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 AM

This is from the RP site:

[ QUOTE ]
In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if the situation did come up? He's saying abortion should still be illegal? That's pretty insensitive towards women. People don't give a crap about the state's rights stuff, it's viewed as a cop-out, people want to know what the candidate believes personally.

[ QUOTE ]
In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is scientifically wrong and makes him look like a religious fundamentalist nut. Not exactly a good strategy considering his base is independents. I mean [censored] he's already a creationist, this is just gonna freak people out.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:49 AM

Maybe the drug dealers that Ron Paul puts out of work can start some black market abortion clinics.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is from the RP site:

[ QUOTE ]
In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if the situation did come up? He's saying abortion should still be illegal? That's pretty insensitive towards women.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, what? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
People don't give a crap about the state's rights stuff, it's viewed as a cop-out, people want to know what the candidate believes personally.

[ QUOTE ]
In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is scientifically wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

It is? According to whom? I'm not trying to get you started on that debate, but obviously a case can be made.

[ QUOTE ]
and makes him look like a religious fundamentalist nut. Not exactly a good strategy considering his base is independents. I mean [censored] he's already a creationist, this is just gonna freak people out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cite? Unless you mean this in the same sort of "guided evolution" sense that say, my father in law believes in (which I would buy), I am skeptical. A google search does not turn up any immediately obvious links from the Paul-haters, like with the racist smears, and you'd think they'd be all over that. In fact, at a recent Republican debate Dr. Paul was one of the seven candidates that did NOT raise their hands when the moderator asked if anyone did not believe in evolution (the three who raised their hands were Huckabee, Tancredo, and Brownback). Dr. Paul has said that he believes in a Creator, which does not imply that he disbelieves in evolution.

I'd be willing to bet that Dr. Paul is not a "creationist" in either a YEC or disbelieves-in-evolution sense, which are the only kinds that really matter.