Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August PT 2**

I lost 2 bi's @ 25NL while playing quite good. To chase my losses I shortstacked 100NL with a $40 stack but it wasn't going anywhere (no double up). So I started up a 10 man $30+3 turbo SNG and went robusssto (never played any SNG though) sucked out a few times and finished first!
Leak: should chase losses more.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:34 PM

lol @ villain berating me after this hand, who happened to be a 65/0 over a decent sample...also had a tendecy to overshove...seeing how i ran this session im surprised it held...lost 2 sets (both to people chasing gutshots), c-bets werent working...but somehow spreaked a 4bb profit

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $27.50
BB: $18.50
UTG: $23.55
MP: $34.00
CO: $35.85
Hero (BTN): $34.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $35.60</font>, Hero calls all-in for $33.10
Uncalled bet of $1.75 returned to CO

River: ($68.70) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $68.70 ($3 Rake)

CO had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Fours) and LOST (-$34.10)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$31.60)
Old 08-25-2007, 09:04 PM

Funny how 15 min of poker can turn a sour mood in to a ok mood, I'm such a degen

Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny how 15 min of poker can turn a sour mood in to a ok mood, I'm such a degen

[/ QUOTE ]

nice mood-booster session
Old 08-25-2007, 10:32 PM

I suck at NL50 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I thought poker was easy after my trip in NL25...

beat : no rakeback
beat : on one of the fishiest poker room
beat : lost most of it trying to outplay 85/10 players
brag : yesterday i was a winning poker player??
Old 08-25-2007, 10:35 PM

is anyone here on facebook?

they have this texas hold'em application that i added and the players SUCK so badly. too bad it isnt for real money. i just wish that cash games online were this good. i stacked an entire table in like 15 minutes just by valuebetting. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

hope i run that good on stars tonight. i doubt it though.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suck at NL50 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I thought poker was easy after my trip in NL25...

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, you killed 25nl. That 10bi drop there is pretty whack. Up quite a bit in bb/100 thru 18k hands, the next 20k should reveal a lot. Seems like you should do well. Your AF is high, probably accounts for the variance--your 50nl river AF is my total, lol.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:29 PM

how do you resize images when you post them? I can't find it on this page http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/faq.php?Cat=0#html
Old 08-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Hey guys, so here’s an update on my implementation of the “Gelford Style UBERNIT” at UB 10NL.

So far so good. I logged about 4k hands on Friday (starting just after midnight and running through the day). My basic preflop line was 22+, AQo+ and I toned down my postlop play a bit (limiting my cbets, which I think have been a huge leak for me at 10NL). Over the 4k hands I was at ~9.4 PT BB/100 and netted 7.5 Buyins.

While this is a small sample I feel especially good about the results as I did not run insanely well…I wound up dropping 3 BI’s to maniacs (one I was a small favorite and he caught me, one I was getting odds to call for my draw due to dead money in the pot and I couldn’t connect, and one he rivered his 3 outer). I got 1 BI back, but the maniacs left their respective tables before I could get any more out of them.

I then followed that up with a 400 hand session this afternoon in which I pulled down 2.5 BI’s. During this session I ran really well and got action from a lot of mid and short stacks (unfortunately the big stacks stayed away).

So all in all I am currently running just over 11 PT BB/100 for the last 4,400 hands.

Wooster is correct in his previous assessment that the Ubernit helps keep you away from very tough decisions that are small +EV at best and large –EV at worst.

In addition, playing at about a 16/12 clip allowed me to spend time monitoring pot sizes and flop seen %’s at all of the 10NL tables on UB. My typical MO is to pick four tables at the start of the session and ride them until I log. On Friday Night/Saturday AM, since I was constantly checking the table listing, I jumped around and played 18 different PT sessions (so 18 tables in theory) over the course of 5 hours. I was able to go to these high action table, spot the fish/maniac that was making it happen and do my best to extract value from them.

I’ll post some hands later where I kind of scratched my head. Some I won, some I lost, some I folded.

Also, I’ll post another update here when I get to play again.

Thanks for the help everyone has provided so far, with a special shout out to Gelford for the l33tness of the Nit.

Oh, and if anyone plays 10NL on UB let me know – I will PM you the name of a complete donkey who over 3 separate sessions (each a few days apart) has racked up ~-125 PT BB/100 over about 400 hands.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you killed 25nl. That 10bi drop there is pretty whack. Up quite a bit in bb/100 thru 18k hands, the next 20k should reveal a lot. Seems like you should do well. Your AF is high, probably accounts for the variance--your 50nl river AF is my total, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanx for the positive thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
I think I must quickly improve on several points :
- less cbetting
- folding when my I know TPTK or overpair is not good (obviously when I'm raised or reraised on rag flop by a decent player)
- not losing my temper against monster stack calling station/maniac/bluffer... I find it very hard to play against, even when they seem to be extremly bad. Pots are always huge and they can play any 2 cards. Maybe I should avoid them until my bankroll can handle the variance (back to 20 BIs now)

[ QUOTE ]
how do you resize images when you post them? I can't find it on this page http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/faq.php?Cat=0#html

[/ QUOTE ]
You can just use any kind of image editor such as photoshop...
Print screen, paste on new document, crop, resize then save for web (gif or png)
With photoshop elements (shareware) you can directly resize the image in the save for web screen, it's quite convenient.
Closed Thread