Old 07-26-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Hilarious Vick article by Deion Sanders

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really not that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
The article? No, it is really bad.

First of all, it's horribly written. But the point it makes is non sequitur. Just because the media hasn't made as big a production of other supposedly more serious crime does not make what Vick did better, or lessen punishment. I'm upset, theoretically, about the lack of progress in the Darrent Williams case, but that has no impact on the Vick case.

If this parallel is ever brought up, it can only be to crucify the media. Any other implications just don't hold water.

[/ QUOTE ]

The various errors in the writing are quite obvious, obvious enough that it's not that hard to overlook -- look who's writing it. But the pervading points he touches on are quite worthy of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which points are those? That other crimes occur? That certain types of people don't think dogfighting is bad, so it should be ok?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really not that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
The article? No, it is really bad.

First of all, it's horribly written. But the point it makes is non sequitur. Just because the media hasn't made as big a production of other supposedly more serious crime does not make what Vick did better, or lessen punishment. I'm upset, theoretically, about the lack of progress in the Darrent Williams case, but that has no impact on the Vick case.

If this parallel is ever brought up, it can only be to crucify the media. Any other implications just don't hold water.

[/ QUOTE ]

The various errors in the writing are quite obvious, obvious enough that it's not that hard to overlook -- look who's writing it. But the pervading points he touches on are quite worthy of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]
And I discussed it in my reply to you to show why they don't matter. I wrote all of 6 words about the writing errors.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was very disappointed by the article. It wasn't that funny or stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree on stupid, although the bar is set pretty low for Deion. I cringe every time I see him about to talk on TV. He is the worst "analyst" I've ever heard, and it's not close.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:26 PM