Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:52 PM

Default river bet sizing 10/20hu NLCASH

kinda ugly board and i think a shove is representing Ks, how much to bet, and can you b/f?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Clayrock: $2,889.50
Hero: $2,459.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $60.00</font>, Clayrock calls $40.00

Flop: ($120) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Clayrock checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $99.00</font>, <font color="red">Clayrock raises to $240.00</font>, Hero calls $141.00

Turn: ($600) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Clayrock checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $400.00</font>, Clayrock calls $400.00

River: ($1400) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Clayrock checks, <font color="red">Hero bets...
Old 07-09-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: river bet sizing 10/20hu

wow that river makes my brain hurt. To be honest, I think this is so gross, but I would consider checking. The only hand you beat is JT that is going to call this river right?

I guess just check it back... but that just seems so gross.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:50 AM

Reads? If the guy is going to call something like Qx9s I think it's a clear check behind. That's probably too easy though.

Doesn't seem Ks is in his range a lot here so against the right person a shove seems best to me. I'm in over my head here but it doesn't seem like you're getting much out of a smaller bet here regardless.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:32 AM

what are his tendencies with regards to calling.

Just looking at the hand I think there is probably value in some sort of river bet.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are his tendencies with regards to calling.

Just looking at the hand I think there is probably value in some sort of river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

he went apeshit w/ tpnk in the first 5 hands and sucked out to split, since then hes been pretty quiet/passive
Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 AM

so I mean really what hands are we worried about here? AK (k of spades), AT (unlikely given flop action), QQ/JJ/AA, takes a very specific type of villian to try to slowplay this I think(?). And then the other question is, has he shown down middle pair yes, weak flushes, inferior hands, and has he check raised you at all, is he that kind of tricky player who is gonna ck the royal on the river instead of v-betting (or value shoving) into what he should know is a FH for you. And Ryan, why would you ck if he will play Qx9s? that doesn't make a straight flush?

anyways, if he hasn't c/r'd me and has shown down weak hands before, I bet for sure, maybe like 1/2 pot or something, and no, I don't think you can bet fold if you make a sizeable bet... well you would still have 1k behind, thats up to someone more knowledgable about HU cash, I don't know on the bet fold part. But against an unknown or tricky player, I think I ck behind for sure and hopefully take down the pot w/no risk of getting sucked into playing a bigger pot w/a not-case hand.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:42 AM

I think I meant isn't instead of is there. I keep rereading it and it doesn't make sense (what I said).

Given the reads you posted I guess there is room for a bet here, it looks like he's desperately trying to get a cheap showdown on a scary board (unless he is tricky?).

But yea Primo and I are not exactly HU cash experts.

Krantz?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:03 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: river bet sizing 10/20hu NLCASH

I'd b/f $700
Old 07-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: river bet sizing 10/20hu NLCASH

Its really hard to imagine you getting value from spades against a logical villain but in reality you probably are and you are definitely getting value from JT (the rare times villain plays like this). Id bet $750 and call a push getting near 7:1 because he will bluff more often than 1/8 guaranteed, in fact I think a lot of the value in betting this river comes from inducing bluffs. Did your head asplode when the river came off?