Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: supposedly great \"tv\" players

Yeah, and just imagine what people would write about the rest of us if they could pick through our Poker Tracker databases. If one hand on TV defines me as a donk, or even 100 hands, then so be it. It's probably +EV for the person being called a donk.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:51 PM

I can't, and won't, comment on the wisdom of Antonius' play or Brunson's play. But what I can comment on is that Anotonius was acting like a jerk about Brunsons call. Even if you consider it bad form to do that to anyone, to do that to Brunson was disrespectful at the very least. He did more for poker than Antonius ever will and has helped to make it possible for many players today, including Antonius, to make a living at playing poker. If he had asked him after he lost the hand and was angry, "How could you make that call?" then that would have been understandable. But to say it several times pre-flop was childish. Even if Brunson has become the biggest donk in the biggest games, give the man some respect in his twilight years.

Oh, and to all you PA groupies ( I'm talking about the male ones on this webstie ): He has a girly high voice.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle limped from the SB, PA shoved.

Doyle called his 14BB stack with a pair, which is almost certainly "good" in this spot. It's not great, but it's not terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not open shoving with 33 here is really terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I'm not a huge fan of open limping that, I don't think it's near terrible. If he open shoves, any hand that would call is likely shoving preflop anyways. Sure, he racing vs a bunch of crap hands he could have just stolen the BB from, but maybe he decided he wanted to get away from his middish stack by hook or by crook. I could be wrong, but Doyle was aggro before aggro was cool. I think the play is fine only as a change up tho, and obv that's all Doyle would/does use it as.

Oh, and HOW MANY BRACELETS DO YOU HAVE JMAN, HUH? HE HAS TEN! WHICH IS ALMOST 10 TIMES AS MUCH AS YOU!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Jennifer Harmon looked disgusted.