Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: exactly how bad IS phil hellmuth?

well, he just won $285,000 at the recent HSP taping, so if you want to keep quoting what Barry Greenstein says, feel free...
Old 05-22-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, he just won $285,000 at the recent HSP taping, so if you want to keep quoting what Barry Greenstein says, feel free...

[/ QUOTE ]

McPhilManLove-

He lost all his winnings back in the same night.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:03 AM

Dont get mad at Phil because he has the most hold em bracelets, the most cashes, 4 final tables last year and so on. Dont get mad that you, or your friends, will never achieve anything close to that. Dont get mad that you dont understand his playing style because it doesnt conform to your online style. Just move on, man.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont get mad at Phil because he has the most hold em bracelets, the most cashes, 4 final tables last year and so on. Dont get mad that you, or your friends, will never achieve anything close to that. Dont get mad that you dont understand his playing style because it doesnt conform to your online style. Just move on, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE this argument.

JUST BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T WON 10 BRACELETS DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T CRITIQUE THEIR PLAY. HE WON THE FREAKING WORLD SERIES TWO YEARS AFTER I WAS BORN AND I HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF POKER THAN HIM.

You haven't played 2000+ mtt's in the past two years so you can't critique MY opinions on who is good and who is bad. That argument INFURIATES me.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE this argument.

JUST BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T WON 10 BRACELETS DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T CRITIQUE THEIR PLAY. HE WON THE FREAKING WORLD SERIES TWO YEARS AFTER I WAS BORN AND I HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF POKER THAN HIM.

You haven't played 2000+ mtt's in the past two years so you can't critique MY opinions on who is good and who is bad. That argument INFURIATES me.

[/ QUOTE ]

gobbo has spoken. thou shalt shut it.
now, back to my innovative new system for figuring out how bad he is...

any takers?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:40 PM

i'll take 10 bracelets.... hundreds of victories.... millions and millions in career earnings (when not alot of people entered and played).... sunglasses and all and not care if people call me bad or good...
results speak for themselves... and last time i checked, phil did win his 10th bracelet.... JUST LAST YEAR!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM

Obviously everyone on here should be able to critique someones play. I critique professional athletes plays all the time and they are much better than me...still saying Phil is horrible at poker and trying to figure out a system for how bad he is is beyond retarded when you've accomplished what he has.

Jojo: Stop talking...seriously.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:35 AM

McUtter do you jerk it to your poster of Phil Hellmuth every night?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:52 AM

Look, I don't like the guy at all, I think he's an ass of a person. You can't take away what he's done as a poker player though. Even if you take away all of his accomplishments before the poker boom, he's won 3 of his bracelets since 2003 and had a great year at the '07 wsop, winning almost 1.2 million and cashing 8 times, more than anyone else last year. I really dislike the guy from all of seem from him on television, but as for his play they don't show half of the games he plays in on television and you have to let his record speak for itself. Of course you guys have a right to criticize him but I can only imagine what he would have to say about you record. Ask yourself, how many bracelets do i have? how many wsop cashes have i earned recently? Finally, ask yourself, why isn't anyone criticizing my career on 2+2?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McUtter do you jerk it to your poster of Phil Hellmuth every night?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an intelligent contribution by you. Shows your class. I like poker and I like Hellmuth's game and I know not enough people realized how great a WSOP he had last year (a 1st, a 2nd, 4 Final Tables, many cashes to set record, set hold 'em bracelet record, tied total bracelet record, etc). I think his talkative/showman/brat personality ticks some people off (not me). Also sometimes he doesn't play at his best (on shows he doesnt care about?). And his style is different from the very aggressive/new school/on-line style. But I think he is a very canny man. I think he knows things about the game that a lot of people dont, and its not just about playing against weak players because WSOP fields contain great players too.

Its easy for geeks who dont get out much who see a few not-so-great poker hands on tv to decide that someone must be a donk, because they (the geek-who-doesnt-get-out-much) could see a better way to play the hand. I say this to the shut-in geek: Go play 3,000 hands on tv. See if you come off perfectly. See if you would then deserve to have 5 million other geeks critiquing your play. Oh wait, no one wants to actually watch the geek play even one poker hand.

End of story.