Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Lol Hellmuthaments

hellmuth is too funny. he should learn to get used to folding a hand
Old 04-30-2007, 06:53 AM

justin, this is steve, the long haired hobo-looking guy that had dinner with you the night waco won his 2nd event.

I was helping my friend seth do reporting for his website (texasholdem.com) during the main event, and I saw this go down when you were playing with Phil on day 3.

Blinds were 5k/10k, and you raised to 27k in MP, and Phil called from the BB and checked dark. flop was 665 with two hearts, and you bet 34k. Phil went into his act, eventually folding the Ad face up, saying "this is the last one I let go kid, I KNOW YOUR WEAKNESS NOW!"

I was standing right behind you laughing hysterically.

I also watched Phil in the last level of day 1 for about a half hour, and it was awesome. There was some random middle aged a guy that I didn't recognize two to his right, who had a nice sized stack, probably around 90k. He was opening every pot folded to him, and Phil was berating him non-stop, talking about how he was such a donkey and would blow up by the end of the day. He went on and on about it, then started reciting a story about how "two years ago, Kenna James did the same thing! I kept telling him I'd bust him, and then he went and put all his money in with KT when I had Kings!"

No one was really paying any attention to him, and 10 to 15 seconds later, he says "of course, Kenna hit running hearts to bust me!" and a bunch of people at the table just rolled their eyes. It was funny to watch, because I knew he just wanted to embarrass that guy into slowing down so he could control the action as play slowed at the end of the day, since there's that artificial bubble that's so exploitable. Every time that guy raised, Phil looked to have a wincing pain shoot through his body because he knew there was not a whole lot he could do.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:53 AM

Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: FWIW, I was actually impressed by his tournament game. I've played cash games w/ him before (where he's VERY weak). He had a good loose style in the tournament, and I think all his chatter actually successfully discouraged people from playing back at him, and also helped him gain information about how people were playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live or online ?
HENL ?
Stakes ?

- jpp
Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 AM

<font color="blue"> </font> The guy is the most insecure human being I have ever come across, total narcissist wanker on the felt. The fact he was verbal with you was because HE COULDNT work you out. <font color="blue"> </font>
Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 AM

Phil seems like a very strange man.. both physically, and personality wise..
Old 04-30-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> </font> Mike Matusow and Hellmuth are the most insecure human beings I have ever come across, total narcissist wanker on the felt. The fact he was verbal with you was because HE COULDNT work you out. <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-30-2007, 12:50 PM

yeah, we're not going to clog up this thread with this stuff - Dids
Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&amp;vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for linking to a "show all" version of a 2,000+ post thread and completely stallin my piece of [censored] work computer.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:35 PM

you could have just removed the link, but seems like you're more interested in protecting Justin from the truth being disseminated about him. I think it's been proven he used multiple accounts to play in the same tournaments.