Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 11:46 PM

Default ----------RESULTS-----------

I folded. I knew AQ was a big part of his range (and KQ a small part), but I knew there were a ton of hands that beat mine, so I just let it go.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:56 PM

Default 2 more hands from the Wynn

I was debating between whether or not I should post these last hands on 2+2 or on my blog, so I decided to just tack them in to this thread. They are fairly low content, although I guess hand 3 could be debated a bit.

Shortly after that hand, I got moved to a new table with Gigabet to my right. I don’t know anyone else at the table, but it looks like a really weak table. I had only been there a short time, but I had been fairly active, and took down a few small pots without any showdowns.

50/100 blinds, I have 6k to start the hand

MP2 Opens for 425. He is a somewhat older guy, most likely a non-pro live player that plays like most live players. Gigabet makes it 1400 in the CO. I look down at red queens and I think my equity is much higher seeing a flop, so I call.

BB thinks for 30 seconds, and decides to just call. MP2 thinks for about 10 seconds and throws in 9 more 1,000 chips. He has roughly 4,000 chips behind after that, so he is obviously committed.

Gigabet has a huge stack (35kish) and throws in a stack of 20 1,000 chips.

I decide it’s fairly unlikely that neither of them has AA or KK, and even if they don’t I’m definitely up against AK, so I fold.

Edit: Turns out MP2 has JJ and Gigabet has AK. Gigabet wins.

Hand 3:

This is an orbit after the QQ hand.

50/100

EP limps. Gigabet raises to 400. I reraise red queens on the button to 1200. It folds to Gigabet who says, “all right, I’ll double you up” as he throws in a stack of yellow (1,000) chips. We are friends, and I don’t think he would ever say that with AA or KK, so I have an easy call. He has AK again and he wins the flip.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: 2 more hands from the Wynn

I reaaaally think you should just stick it in PF the first time in the first hand. Fold when it comes back around seems fine.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:31 AM

I was at this table and the somewhat older guy was Eli Elezra. B/c of the aggression between eli and gigabet I think this is a call with your stack size although it is close.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Wynn 10k - Hand #2

I call river. Odds are too good for our hand and he might think he is getting value with AQ/KQ/QJ. Some people have mentioned that he is playing really tight. If so, then I think the frequency of JT being here might single it down to JTs... not sure how tight dude was playing though.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at this table and the somewhat older guy was Eli Elezra. B/c of the aggression between eli and gigabet I think this is a call with your stack size although it is close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, this is a joke, right? I thought I knew what Eli looked like, and didn't think he would play this badly.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 PM

no joke, that was eli
Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM

ZJ,

You should watch HSP once in a while.

Eli sucks, though admittedly he seems a lot better lately.