Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Wynn 10k - Hand #2

I don't know how interesting the rest of these hands are, so if they are boring, let me know. I've had a lot of requests to post more live hands on 2+2, so I'm trying to oblige.

This next hand is the very next hand after This One, so please read that one first if you haven't.

After that hand, I’m down to about 9000, and the very next hand I get A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I open for 300. An older guy calls on the button. David was joking about how tight he was, and he is an older guy that seems like he would be a really tight player. The BB also calls.

Flop (950 in pot): Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks. I c-bet 700. Button calls. BB calls.

Turn (3050 in pot): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks. I bet 2100. Button calls. BB folds.

River (7150 in pot): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, Button bets 3500. I...?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Wynn 10k - Hand #2

BB folded turn ??
Old 03-10-2007, 12:40 AM

Call it.

I say well played. With these old tighties, some (and im thinking of one who litereally limped with QQ, then check called flop, turn and river with no A or K on board, only to exclaim the QQ is not really a good hand!)

If he is as tight or stupid as the oldie i just mentioned, he is only playing with AK, AQ, KK and AA

After he has called your big bet on the turn, i would shut down and cc. If he has a 9, and you lead a decent amount, you will prolly be put all in.

At least here, if you are beat, you can survive.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:47 AM

Didn't read the first hand but this looks like a pretty easy fold. Especially with that read.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:52 AM

This sucks, but i just can't see anything we're ahead of outside a KQss making a pretty thin value bet on the river.

If hes not to tight to see a flop with SC's, his range includes 9Tss, 89ss, 97ss, J9ss, JTss all of which now beat us.

The JT is the only part of his range that actually draws on this flop, and that hit.

I can't see a tightish player calling down with QJ then making this value bet, KQ might and AQ might but even still they sometimes check behind.

I think i fold.

However, if hes the kind of tight who woudln't play said SC's, and most of his range is a Q, i think i call.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:13 AM

This seems like a pretty standard fold. You're basically hoping he's betting KQ/QJ if you call. An older guy / nit is definitely not the type to pull sophisticated bluffs here.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:29 AM

v easy fold imo, a guy with this description isn't v-betting a queen. more likely you're going to look at a slowplayed 9 than JT, but JT getting there is just another reason to dump it.

since i hate when people don't include bluffs in peoples ranges when they are existent i will say that i think the chance he double floated you is so rare it's not even worth mentioning, maybe 1% and that's generous.

EDIT: i should mention i think one of the 3 streets should be checked because it seems unlikely you are going to be getting 3 streets worth of value with this hand, usually i fake the 'i have air and am giving up' and check the turn, because i am rarely firing a 2nd barrel on this type of board with air, so i might as well check it with big hands now and then too. that being said i also think a value block on this river is a fine play because his hand looks like Qx a lot more than anything else up until the river(obviously we don't know he's going to bet until we check).
Old 03-10-2007, 01:37 AM

I can't believe people are saying fold.

If you were going to fold to 3500 here, bet 2000 and fold to raise, old nits raise for value with nuts or near nuts only.

You are ahead well enough to call profitably. You can't fold this

He can have KK,sometimes AA, and even 99, but old nits play JJ, TT like this a lot OOP, especially against "aggressive youngsters" and you are getting almost 3-1.

I like the line.

Since he's an old nit I can't put him on J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

edit: thought about it some more and think he's ahead more than I originally thought, but still not enough to fold. I prefer a small blocking bet if I think I'm behind here....old nits don't bluff, but they do bet less than a Q here if they think you are FOS.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 03-10-2007, 01:49 AM

I'd be inclined to call if for no other reason than you just showed down a hand played in a pretty aggressive manner. But... eh. I don't feel you're ahead that often.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:56 AM

I would barf and fold, or maybe call and hate myself. 1 in 4 is pretty close.