Default Re: PLO25: Nut full house faces pot size river raise

[ QUOTE ]
???
Re-raise preflop
Bet more on turn
Shove river

Whole hand played horribly

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah sure, youīre so right ... reraise before the flop, getting called in three places, getting the "perfect" flop , even better turn and shoving drawing dead. wow, youīre one smart man. except i lost the ultimate minimum in one sick set up.

i did it again btw ... i has mad readz. minraising me twice with a shortie all-in which made the showdown free anyway pretty much killed it for that moron. standard moron line with quads obv: passive, tricky play, big fat hammer on the river when NOTHING can beat you lol.

POKERSTARS GAME #13156911296: OMAHA POT LIMIT ($0.10/$0.25) - 2007/11/10 - 14:12:26 (ET)
Table 'Seppina II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: VAsplit99 ($72.30 in chips)
Seat 2: SlowrollerAA ($9.45 in chips)
Seat 3: Dlilrscl ($2.05 in chips)
Seat 4: whiskey_edge ($56.90 in chips)
Seat 5: grima07 ($29.65 in chips)
Seat 6: automatiques ($25.10 in chips)
grima07: posts small blind $0.10
automatiques: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to automatiques [3s 9s 8s 9h]
VAsplit99: folds
SlowrollerAA: folds
Dlilrscl: calls $0.25
whiskey_edge: folds
grima07: calls $0.15
automatiques: checks
*** FLOP *** [7s 7c Kc]
grima07: checks
automatiques: checks
Dlilrscl: checks
*** TURN *** [7s 7c Kc] [9c]
grima07: checks
automatiques: bets $0.25
Dlilrscl: raises $0.25 to $0.50
grima07: calls $0.50
automatiques: raises $0.50 to $1
Dlilrscl: calls $0.50
grima07: raises $0.50 to $1.50
automatiques: calls $0.50
Dlilrscl: raises $0.30 to $1.80 and is all-in
grima07: calls $0.30
automatiques: calls $0.30
*** RIVER *** [7s 7c Kc 9c] [6s]
grima07: bets $5.85
automatiques: folds
*** SHOW DOWN ***
grima07: shows [7d 5h Jc 7h] (four of a kind, Sevens)
Dlilrscl: mucks hand
grima07 collected $5.85 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $6.15 | Rake $0.30
Board [7s 7c Kc 9c 6s]
Seat 1: VAsplit99 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: SlowrollerAA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Dlilrscl mucked [Qc Kd 3c 8d]
Seat 4: whiskey_edge (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: grima07 (small blind) showed [7d 5h Jc 7h] and won ($5.85) with four of a kind, Sevens
Seat 6: automatiques (big blind) folded on the River
Old 11-10-2007, 09:34 PM

Is there any hand you would reraise against a button open?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 PM

I can think of one he would.

Also, re-potting your hand preflop is going to fold out a pretty good amount of players holding 33T4, imo.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah sure, youīre so right ... reraise before the flop, getting called in three places, getting the "perfect" flop , even better turn and shoving drawing dead. wow, youīre one smart man. except i lost the ultimate minimum in one sick set up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. You are pretty good at this game and you should keep on doing what works for you.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:21 AM

You are definitely being too results oriented. In the first hand you may have lost the minimum against what he had, but his range included many hands you beat, and if he had one of those hands you won the minimum.

The river fold is pretty gross in the second hand you posted. Could he not have the nut flush, 7Kxx, 79xx, or 76xx? The turn betting is suspicious, but that just makes the river a call instead of a raise. You're getting 2:1, your hand only needs to be good 1 in 3 times. Also, you should have raised more after you get minraised on the turn.

From these two hands, I'd surmise you have two huge leaks in your games--not betting your strong hands hard enough, and being terrified of the other guy holding the nuts all the time.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are definitely being too results oriented. In the first hand you may have lost the minimum against what he had, but his range included many hands you beat, and if he had one of those hands you won the minimum.

The river fold is pretty gross in the second hand you posted. Could he not have the nut flush, 7Kxx, 79xx, or 76xx? The turn betting is suspicious, but that just makes the river a call instead of a raise. You're getting 2:1, your hand only needs to be good 1 in 3 times. Also, you should have raised more after you get minraised on the turn.

From these two hands, I'd surmise you have two huge leaks in your games--not betting your strong hands hard enough, and being terrified of the other guy holding the nuts all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sssh! Let the man do what he wants!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are two specific hands out of like 10.000 I played in the last week and I can assure you those where the only two full houses I didnīt shove with. I just had a very strange feeling considering the action and went with my "read" - and it may have been coincidence that I was right in both hands, but I donīt think it ever can be wrong to trust your guts.

Yes, I was getting 2 to 1 on my money in the 2nd hand, but

1. he minraised me twice on 4th street and all off a sudden got hyper-aggro on the river. as said above, he obv. was scared of folding out other hands (hence the minraise crap) first and all off a sudden feared not winning enough with the stone cold nuts on the river - hence the psb. it just screamed strength.

2. i was getting a free showdown anyway as the short stack was all-in. so i didnīt have to be wrong, right?

Itīs pretty obvious I have leaks - otherwise I wouldnīt play that low -, but I think betting small with the nuts and getting paid off is better than folding out all sorts of random hands that will call you drawing dead. Folding too many winners? I donīt think so. Itīs not like I make that sort of laydown all day long. I just thought it was a very interesting spot/hand, thats all.

As for reraising with KKQQss oop - sure, I donīt do that. Give me some (double) suited rundown cards and Iīm in.