Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:00 PM

Default 40k hands in August, please advise (graph)

Hi guys, looking for some advice if you have the time.

I'm obviously very aggressive. Trying to lower it but can't see how. Also I can't get Won$SD over 50% as I've seen from others' screenshots.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: 40k hands in August, please advise (graph)

what do you mean you dont know how? stop betting and raising as much as you are now. this si too aggro for 25nl imo.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:27 PM

what is your cbet percentage? i'm not a stats guru, but i would think that with a flop af over over 8, you're probably making some unprofitable cbets.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:28 PM

Value bet, value bet, value bet.
Give up more often after the flop/turn when you don't have any pair.
Bluff less.
Check more rivers in position with marginal holdings.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 PM

You're playing way too aggressive for this level, and what the heck is going on in the big blind? You're bleeding money there.

You don't need to be the table bully that raises every single pot that hasn't yet been raised. It's okay to limp sometimes, especially when you have a speculative hand. Also, use your table image. People will think you're a maniac... take advantage of it.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:36 PM

if you feel you're too agro you're prolly betting/raising for info too much, trying to make the hand easier to play, but subsequently turning decent hands into bluffs.

aggression is good but its ok to just call when a raise will fold out all you beat and ond only keep in the stuff beating you
Old 08-30-2007, 03:52 PM

You seem to be too aggressive.

You are extremely aggressive on the flop. You are almost definitely making unprofitable c-bets and I think that correcting that leak could really boost your winrate.

Post different c-bet hands and see if people think you should c-bet it or not.

Your won $ at showdown is low....you are probably going too far with some hands and fixing this will also boost your winrate. Try posting hands where you had a marginal holding and put in a bunch of money on turn/river and see what people have to say (Don't put results of course.)

You're probably a winner though. Congratulations on that. Keep working at it.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 PM

Yor aggression on all streets is twice what mine is when I'm running great. something like 4.5/2.25/2 is definitely aggro enough. If you table select well enough, you shouldn't be aggro without a hand or a big draw. Just Vbet strong hands against the fish. Don't 3bet or twobarrel tags without a read. Many of them are fish too.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 AM

Thanks for the information and the advice, very much appreciated. Hopefully my next update will be somewhat better.

A question: I searched for continuation bet %, and it seems that PokerAce HUD calculates it. In Pokertracker's forum there are questions about it but they are redirecting them to HUD's forum. Anyway, my Bet as First Action on Flop after PF Raise % is 67.55%. Is that also high?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the information and the advice, very much appreciated. Hopefully my next update will be somewhat better.

A question: I searched for continuation bet %, and it seems that PokerAce HUD calculates it. In Pokertracker's forum there are questions about it but they are redirecting them to HUD's forum. Anyway, my Bet as First Action on Flop after PF Raise % is 67.55%. Is that also high?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well assuming that, that means after you raise pre-flop you bet or raise the flop 67.55% of the time then no it actually doesn't seem that high. (Are you sure that's what it means?) Cause your flop aggression really does seem to be too high (so does your turn and river really - you're just really you're just really really aggro and while you need to be aggro in poker you are just about definitely being too agressive in some spots.) If that really is what it means maybe you're raising flop too much as a pre-flop caller or maybe not calling often enogh with draws/top pair hands or something, I dunno. I'd make absolutely sure that's what it means though cause it just seems so likely you c-bet too much (btw I used to c-bet way too much too). Anyway I think you should still post c-bet hands too just in case.
Closed Thread