View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
yeah you should really be able to keep the status with only 50K points per month once its achieved the first time, I kinda want to press and hit 1,250,000 for the 10K bonus but I won't burn myself out for the rest of the year if I am expected to get a full million next year, IDK its like doing something to get in a "club" once and you shouldn't have to repeat a rediculous pace again but W/E.

Also, can we get a good filter! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (the 1 now is good but you can't play 2/4 and 5/10 without switching the tabs, so you should be able to filter by specific limit)

Also, is there a way to make the lobby stay up without an artificial ahk, this is so [censored] annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-----will you be increasing that in the near future?

No, the $50,000 event was planned to remain a $50,000 event for the whole year. This is meant as a fun extra for our largest players. I think the original forecast was for an average of 1000 players per event.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a fun extra for me.
I really dislike them and consider them close to a waste of my time. But I pretty much play them every week.
I arrange my Saturday to be there.
Even if I cash in it for $90 or more I still feel somewhat annoyed that I was 'obligated' to have to sit there and play that tourney just to maximize my SN value.

V$ to give me the flexibility to play the tourney when I want to would be really nice.
Wouldn't even have to be all the different guaranteed tourneys. Just give me the option of using it in the Sunday-million or one of the 2nd chance tourneys.
Or throw in a couple other ones on the schedule.

Or give me the option to unregister for the tourney and take FPP's instead....even if at a reduced rate.
Many SN's would obviously choose to do this. Which says something about how much they truly would rather not play them if they had ANY other option.

I would still play the Saturday freeroll when I felt like playing in a tourney and perhaps to maximize my EV. But I wouldn't feel like I needed to rearrange my weekend just to play one silly $65-value tourney every Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]
my thoughts exactly, these are rediculous for a variety of reasons already stated.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

also, getting kicked in/after June is pretty absurd, that drop in FPP's for the next 4-5.5 months that I would expect is kind of dumb.

would also like to suggest that 6max players not get the short end of the stick with regards to %return on rake via FPPs/bonuses

you guys have done an excellent job thus far and I would really like to continue on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

copied most of my thoughts from the SNE thread
Old 11-03-2007, 06:07 PM

I also think there should be an alternative option in regards to the tournament packages that go along with SuperNova Elite; even if the option is significantly less.

Consider:
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Some players don't really care for donkaments, especially the cash game grinders that are reaching Elite.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Some players have difficulty traveling or just plain dislike it.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Some players have 'prior commitments' during the dates of the tournaments, be it job or family related.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Some players actually lose value from their normal high stakes cash games to travel and play in the donkaments. There was a poster in this very thread I believe that fell into this category.

I can think of some more (smaller) reasons why there should be an alternative option.

The two big packages are worth at least $12k each, depending on which tournaments the player chooses.

Some alternative options which should be considered are:
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A weekly entry to the Sunday Million tournament for the entire year. $17,040 minus whatever tournaments are not run during the WCOOP.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]15,000 T$.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]1,000,000 FPPs.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A travel voucher for $16,000 to go on the "trip of a lifetime" from ePlatinum Travel.

I'm sure others could come up with more (and probably better) alternatives.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:34 PM

I read the first 20 pages of this thread and I have still a question: Would it be better for me to start playing again at Stars or FTP? I'll start at 25NL till I have my complete roll together (then 50NL). All this would be 6-max and I'm only interested in cash as a bonus. I plax max. 1000 or 1500 hands a day (4 tabling). So: Whats is more profitable for me? Play till I reach the GoldStar(or higher) level to exchange my points into cash or start playing at FTP with my 27% RB? Don't be mad at me if this question was asked earlier but I don't want to read all the 60ish sites for an answer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why dont u get deep nl tables for all limits
im sick of the short stackers at 1/2

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they tried this at full tilt and it didnt have much success (i dont play there, just think i read it somewhere)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats becasue stars was too retarded to make the deep staked tables so that oyu had to buy in for atleast 100bb and people like me saw reason to sit at one when there were 5 or 6 retards sitting there with 20bb DUCY why they didn't work?

Also LOL @ saying the only people that would play these are good regs.
1. Fish will deposit 400 and play 400nl right (YES THEY DO) so why wouldn;t play deep staked tables!
2. There are tons regs that would play these table that I would have no problmes sitting with!

PLEASE GIVE US DEEP STAKED CASH GAMES!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read the first 20 pages of this thread and I have still a question: Would it be better for me to start playing again at Stars or FTP? I'll start at 25NL till I have my complete roll together (then 50NL). All this would be 6-max and I'm only interested in cash as a bonus. I plax max. 1000 or 1500 hands a day (4 tabling). So: Whats is more profitable for me? Play till I reach the GoldStar(or higher) level to exchange my points into cash or start playing at FTP with my 27% RB? Don't be mad at me if this question was asked earlier but I don't want to read all the 60ish sites for an answer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer your question completely, but I can guess what others will need to know. How many hands per month do you play? You gave hands/day, but not how many days/month you play, so not sure if this is averaged over a month. Stars does qualification by the month up to Platinum, and Supernova over the year.

If you play 30k+ hands/month of 6max 50NL, you might reach Platinum, and eventually Supernova. But I'm not sure of the VPP/hand for your game, so my estimate could be way off. From what I've read, it's a close decision between RB at FTP and Stars Supernova FPPs.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:32 PM

30K per month at 50NL would probably get 7500Vpps per month and 90K at the end of the year. It would be more profitable to shoot for about 40k per month at 50nl.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
30K per month at 50NL would probably get 7500Vpps per month and 90K at the end of the year. It would be more profitable to work on your game and move up

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:03 PM

This has probably been asked before, but would it really be too much to ask for someone who reaches SNE to remain SNE for at least a year? It's good value for sure, but it's a very tough feat and most players who will ever reach SNE will prob do it at the very end of the year, making them keep their status for 2-3 months. I dunno, just sounds a bit too cheap :/

It wouldn't hurt you that much to have SNs enjoy 6 months of no requirements (if they don't have 100k vpps after 6 months they're demoted obviously) and SNEs 12 months or whatever.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM

Keeping SNE until the end of June only requires 50k a month. That is easy. I believe you can even miss a month. So you have 6 months guaranteed not 2-3.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:15 PM

Pretty sure it says you need a mill in 6 months AND at least 50k a month.