Default Re: KJ reads Q6 immediate reraise as weak....plz share ur thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It forces me to play disciplined poker

[/ QUOTE ]

And why did you minraise with KJ then
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Regarding your question: maybe the reraise actually is a sign of weakness.

Beat: you don't have a hand. Just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right....I know it APPEARS that I am playing Super Loose right there. However, all my decisions are based upon the play of the table. And believe me when I say that the table was a "Fish Tank"....Now Im no shark, wouldnt even classify myself as a barracuda as of yet, but I can spot weakness & my instinct was to exploit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhmmm...MP is simply exploiting the "weakness" you showed preflop.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 AM

OK....I see everyones point regarding my sh!tty little preflop raise...& I did consider making the normal 3-5BB preflop raise BUT I just so happen to be running on a streak were I opened the last 6 out 9 pots with a 3xBB raise. I noticed that everyone was pretty much folding to my preflop raises after awhile so I thought making the initial preflop raise a little less, I would see some decent action and get some callers.

Here is the hand in its entirety

Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $13.75
BB: $16.75
UTG: $7.80
MP: $21.85
Hero (CO): $11.30
BTN: $27.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.55</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.45) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.45</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.60</font>, Hero calls $2.15
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to MP

Turn: ($8.65) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $8.65</font>, Hero calls all-in for $7.15
Uncalled bet of $1.50 returned to MP

River: ($22.95) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $22.95 ($1.10 Rake)

MP had 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Sixes) and LOST (-$11.30)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and WON (+$10.55)
Old 08-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Any thoughts on how this hand progressed???
Old 08-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Well obv you post this because you're proud of your read :P I suppose you must think that villain is getting frisky with a weak hand with his quick re-raise in frustration that you're running over the table? That makes sense I suppose. Though, when you floated that flop what is your action if you don't improve on the turn? Shut down and lose a large portion of your stack? Sure he can be weak, but if he shoves, are you gonna call him down with K-high? If you're trying to play solid poker by short-stacking and playing tight and optimal strategy, don't often make plays like this. Remember the mantra; just pitch it and wait for a better spot.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Yea, everyone was right. Raise more pre to get hands like Q6 to fold. When you c bet(good in that spot) and get minraised, you are most likely beat with at most 6 outs.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well obv you post this because you're proud of your read :P I suppose you must think that villain is getting frisky with a weak hand with his quick re-raise in frustration that you're running over the table? That makes sense I suppose. Though, when you floated that flop what is your action if you don't improve on the turn? Shut down and lose a large portion of your stack? Sure he can be weak, but if he shoves, are you gonna call him down with K-high? If you're trying to play solid poker by short-stacking and playing tight and optimal strategy, don't often make plays like this. Remember the mantra; just pitch it and wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If I didnt improve on the turn I was going to "exit stage right". Normally, I dont like to play this loose but I felt that the villian was trying to make a move on me so I reasoned that a countermove was in order.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:13 PM

Not to rain on the parade here, but you played the hand poorly and got lucky. If you get in the habit of calling raises of your c-bet with nothing, you're going to be sad.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This struck me as very strange &amp; my initial read was that it was a bluff. I decided to call &amp; tread carefully thereafter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe villain is bluffing but you canīt beat a bluff yourself. Unless you plan on showing down K high. Calling off 20% of your stack hoping for a 6 outer is gross.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:16 PM

He really wasn't making a move considering his hand was better than yours on the flop. I think calling his flop raise is just spewing money. If you strongly suspected that he was bluffing, why didn't you re-raise or push on the flop? If you just call, obviously you can't get him to fold.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He really wasn't making a move considering his hand was better than yours on the flop. I think calling his flop raise is just spewing money. If you strongly suspected that he was bluffing, why didn't you re-raise or push on the flop? If you just call, obviously you can't get him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed... maybe he WAS making a move, but even if he was, what can you beat? Q high? You can't call his raise when you can't even beat a typical bluff (e.g. A high) or semi-bluff.