Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-29-2007, 09:27 PM

Default STT - 9T from SB flops top pair

I felt like this SNG tournament post should go here, because there are no other limit hold em posts in the STT forum. I joined this SNG by accident, thinking it was a NL SNG, so bear with me... O yeah, the buy-in is $33 btw, forgot to mention

As you can see, I am quite confused in this hand... My reason, which might be very bad, for checking the river is that when he checks turn behind this looks like a flush freecard play, and so I get more value out of trying to induce a bluff than to bet out. What do you guys think?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Tournament
Limit: t120/t240
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t1570
UTG+1: t3735
MP1: t2390
CO: t1400
Button: t945
roggles: t2200
BB: t1260

Pre-flop: (7 players) roggles is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, roggles calls, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">roggles bets</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, roggles calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
roggles checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
roggles checks, UTG+1 checks.

Results:
Final pot: 4BB
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: STT - 9T from SB flops top pair

the play in these tournaments is usually pretty awful so i think you're giving them too much credit. i'd just 3bet the flop and lead the turn. the thought process you have is fine, though, and given that i like your river plan. there's not much worse that calls our river bet.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 PM

this hand looks familiar. the flop is a 3-bet, and the river check is good given your read on free card play
Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 PM

I like it. This is fine. I induce in this spot too. I think that would be a good subject for a pohh bah post by somebody.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:42 PM

I 3-bet the flop and lead the turn. If I got 4-bet on the flop, I'd have started calling down. As played, river is a very nice play. I've played a lot of No Limit SNGs, but have not seen nor read anything about limit SNG strategy. It would seem that being the best player at the table would be almost simplistic; if you could put together some decent strategy, and the structure was long enough that you weren't just playing 100 hands and see who had the most chips, these could be a gold mine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]