Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Cowboys-Packers 29/11/07 : Time to talk smack

This game is more important for Dallas than GB imo. Playing in GB in Jan is tougher than playing at Texas Stadium anytime--not that winning this game assures home field advantage but it would be a large step in the right direction.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Durden, maybe the biggest homer on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain
Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 AM

I hate the cowboys more than any team but 1 (pats obv), but i actually like Tony Romo. He is good, he seems like a nice and pretty cool guy, and he is willing to admit when he sucks in a game. Normally I would want the cowboys to win, but Favre is so damn annoying. He calls a press conference to explain that he is old and that the packers arent that good, too loose, but their record is good on a daily basis. Favre is so damn annoying. Cowboys win I think, 28-17 or something.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since when do Cowboys and Packers fans use almost everywhere except America date formatting?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay Riall,

Thanks for your insight. Its always cool for me to see the insight of someone with a differing viewpoint. I greatly respect your ability to explain your thoughts and views in a cool and collected manner. Let me ask you: I'm assuming that the reason USA uses month/day/year is because thats how we talk when we say it out loud. For example I would say "Today is December 12th, 2009." In other countries, do they actually say the day before the month? If so, that'd explain a lot. Again, thanks for your honesty, compassion, caring, and insight. Take care, friend.

Love,
Assani
Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the cowboys more than any team but 1 (pats obv), but i actually like Tony Romo. He is good, he seems like a nice and pretty cool guy, and he is willing to admit when he sucks in a game. Normally I would want the cowboys to win, but Favre is so damn annoying. He calls a press conference to explain that he is old and that the packers arent that good, too loose, but their record is good on a daily basis. Favre is so damn annoying. Cowboys win I think, 28-17 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because Brett Favre actually schedules his own personal press conferences and writes out a speech prior to each one. It must be that. He couldn't actually be answering questions that members of the media ask at regularly scheduled team press conferences, could he?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait to not watch this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 02:30 AM

Talking reasonable to a Vikings-fan about anything Brett Favre-related is futile.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 AM

Wonder if the NFL Network on my DISHNetwork is going to randomly pick up the game? who knows.

Also, I don't think either team can shut down the other's offense, but I think the running game (or threat of at least) of Dallas + Dallas' ability to get pressure on the quarterback will be too much for the pack.

The longer this thing goes on, the more I realize stopping Romo is pretty impossible.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 AM

I believe a fully healthy Packers team playing on a neutral field with Favre playing like this would be the favorite. As is who knows, lots of injuries. They match up well IMO. Spread the Cowboys out like the Pats did and they don't have the players to stop it, this is what the Pack have done most of the season. Also, I think the Packers defensive line is much more likely to get pressure on Romo than vice versa. Kampman is sick. If only the safeties played well enough that Terrell Owens didn't wind up running wide open down the middle, they would/will win. I don't think this will really happen though. They match up great though.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the cowboys more than any team but 1 (pats obv), but i actually like Tony Romo. He is good, he seems like a nice and pretty cool guy, and he is willing to admit when he sucks in a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, Jessica Simpson brought him home to Thanksgiving. Otoh, he may be pretty tired by tomorrow.