Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the play that won me over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQH8...eature=related

RIP

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Brian Mooreman was relieved or saddened when he heard this news. I expect a little of both.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of coarse he isn't actually relieved... but part of Taylor's legacy is going to be that he was one of the most feared defenders in the league. As a fan, that is how I will remember him and that is what I will miss. The thought of someone who was on the unfortunate end of one of his hits being a little relieved, in the back of their head, that it won't happen again makes me smile.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

disgusting behavior. Shame on you. No matter how you want to explain this line, you have to take into consideration the time and place to even make the comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to belabor this, but the "place" is the damn internet. To the best of my knowledge Taylor's family is not reading 2p2. To the best of my knowledge most everybody here only knows him from watching football. If you are reading the internet expecting nice and sensitive, you are painfully misguided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

I think everyones point here was "hey, instead of saying something incredibly moronic, why not just like, not say something incredibly moronic?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You of all people should understand, the internet is no place to hold back one's inner moron.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

disgusting behavior. Shame on you. No matter how you want to explain this line, you have to take into consideration the time and place to even make the comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to belabor this, but the "place" is the damn internet. To the best of my knowledge Taylor's family is not reading 2p2. To the best of my knowledge most everybody here only knows him from watching football. If you are reading the internet expecting nice and sensitive, you are painfully misguided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

I think everyones point here was "hey, instead of saying something incredibly moronic, why not just like, not say something incredibly moronic?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You of all people should understand, the internet is no place to hold back one's inner moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh don't worry, that's one thing we'll never accuse you of doing...
Old 11-27-2007, 02:02 PM

hey everyone,

i started slamming dids in the bbv4l sean taylor thread, perhaps it should be moved there
Old 11-27-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey everyone,

i started slamming dids in the bbv4l sean taylor thread, perhaps it should be moved there

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your posts are being deleted. Which if course is no surprise. What happened to the internet being a place for one's inner moron ? Oh right that only applies when a mod wants to say something ridiculous. Got it.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be asking too much of him. The very justification of his action points to a complex that gets created when you live in an internet world where you get to apply "rules". This is his "world", and he's never wrong here. If he bans you he's right. If he deletes your post he's right. And then when he says something incredibly idiotic, he's right. Because it's just the internet, and he's got a mod cap on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rafiki: More ridiculous than Dids!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

RIP

its sad how little wrong a black man has to do to be considered some sort of thug/gangster, etc. dude was from a middle class family and his dad is a police chief. he had one run in with someone who he thought had stolen his property and so many people are quick to think he must have brought it upon himself when he's gunned down in his own house

so friggin true. The ESPN column about Taylor "turning his life around" is a complete joke/insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think any athlete, rather white or black, is going to get this treatment after being fined multiple times and having run ins with people with loaded weapons, DUIs, and the like.

His own (black) teammates talked about how he had "grown up" while he was in surgery which implies he had some growing up to do.

Sean Taylor clearly did not have a sparkling reputation, regardless of where he came from.

Playing the race card is pretty weak.

It sucks that he died though, I don't think anyone is arguing with that.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just terrible and tragic

RIP, Redskins fans will always <3 you

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey everyone,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your posts are being deleted. Which if course is no surprise. What happened to the internet being a place for one's inner moron ? Oh right that only applies when a mod wants to say something ridiculous. Got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude,

I don't mod sports, and I'm pretty sure the folks that do would have no problem deleting my posts if they thought they were delete worthy. The fact that I'm a mod has nothing to do with my posts in this thread. If I wasn't a mod, I would have behaved the same, and would have been shocked if I was banned. I know it makes your inner Mrs. Reverand Lovejoy cry when you see a mod post mean things, but you should let this aspect of the argument go.

FWIW- I haven't touched anything in BBV4L.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM

RIP 21 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]